Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now seen most specs of E kicking around, most popular ones seem to be the Limited Edition, saw loads of them a close second is the SRi. Seen plenty of them too, some Excites but not many, 3 or 4 Design specs, and just yesterday saw my first SRi VX-Line on the road (mistook it for an LE at first until I saw the wheels were silver) and saw a couple of Stings/Sting Rs, but I still have not seen a single Life spec, not even on a dealer forecourt or compound, I even went to the dealer I got my car from last week when it was closed and looked round every car they had in showroom, forecourts car park and the big compound out the back and not one, has anyone seen one yet?

It seems odd, I know in this day and age base spec cars are a lot less common than they used to be as the manufacturers have successfully made people care about better equipped cars and/or made the base model so miserable nobody wants it, they've even made it poor value when the vastly better equipped Sting is 2K cheaper but surely fleet or company users or even old folks who don't want a car with alloys and sporty decals etc will want the plain Life.

Its almost like the rarer than rocking horse poo Corsa D and Astra H Expression specs which did exist and could be bought but were so rare it seemed they were only a figment of the brochure/configurator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Im not sure why they bother with the Life spec anymore, the Sting is cheaper and looks better equipped. Agree with what you say though about Limited Editions been rather popular (cant blame them tbf, they are nice lookers). I tend to see the Excite and Sting an awful lot as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
The life spec is overpriced when compared to other models for what you get - hence not seeing any about.

The LE is also quite stripped back in terms of options and replaced with the body kit - and yes, it does look very nice, but I was quite shocked when I found out that it even lacked the sight and light pack too. - for me, the excite is the greatest value as you have sight and light and winter pack as standard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LimeyUK said:
The life spec is overpriced when compared to other models for what you get - hence not seeing any about.

The LE is also quite stripped back in terms of options and replaced with the body kit - and yes, it does look very nice, but I was quite shocked when I found out that it even lacked the sight and light pack too. - for me, the excite is the greatest value as you have sight and light and winter pack as standard.
That's why I went for the SRi, I wanted a model with some sporty touches and that looked sporty but wasn't fussed on the styling kit, wanted the sight and light pack, and the touchscreen, dab radio, Bluetooth, USB and cruise. I did consider the Excite as it has the heated seats and wheel but thought it looked a bit too plain, the sportier seats with bolsters, ambient lighting, red leather stitched steering wheel, alloy pedal covers, red dash strip and leather handbrake with red stitching made the SRi look a bit mor special inside (although the same as the LE admittedly but it was cheaper, had sight and light and I didn't really want the kit anyway) only things I wish my SRi had and want to add is the rear spoiler from the SRi VX-Line/LE, the visible chrome exhaust tail pipe from VX-Line/LE/any spec with petrol Turbo engine, think it's a bit stupid how they still give the SRi the visible exhaust tail pipe but without the chrome part welded on, they'd have been better keeping it hidden like on the Excite and so on so its not so obvious that something's out of place, and the steering wheel and gear knob from the Sting R, not that I don't like the SRi ones, I'd have been quite happy with them had the Sting R not had those ones, which look nicer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I'm just baffled why the Sting-R is the only one with the desirable flat-bottomed steering wheel? It's so strange. As mentioned before, it seems VX have done this intentionally to differentiate the models for the sake of differentiating.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
The life spec is overpriced when compared to other models for what you get - hence not seeing any about.

The LE is also quite stripped back in terms of options and replaced with the body kit - and yes, it does look very nice, but I was quite shocked when I found out that it even lacked the sight and light pack too. - for me, the excite is the greatest value as you have sight and light and winter pack as standard.
That's why I went for the SRi, I wanted a model with some sporty touches and that looked sporty but wasn't fussed on the styling kit, wanted the sight and light pack, and the touchscreen, dab radio, Bluetooth, USB and cruise. I did consider the Excite as it has the heated seats and wheel but thought it looked a bit too plain, the sportier seats with bolsters, ambient lighting, red leather stitched steering wheel, alloy pedal covers, red dash strip and leather handbrake with red stitching made the SRi look a bit mor special inside (although the same as the LE admittedly but it was cheaper, had sight and light and I didn't really want the kit anyway) only things I wish my SRi had and want to add is the rear spoiler from the SRi VX-Line/LE, the visible chrome exhaust tail pipe from VX-Line/LE/any spec with petrol Turbo engine, think it's a bit stupid how they still give the SRi the visible exhaust tail pipe but without the chrome part welded on, they'd have been better keeping it hidden like on the Excite and so on so its not so obvious that something's out of place, and the steering wheel and gear knob from the Sting R, not that I don't like the SRi ones, I'd have been quite happy with them had the Sting R not had those ones, which look nicer.
You have a similar train of thought to me haha. I was between the SRi and the Excite, it was the winter pack that did it for me tbh, especially as I am getting black wheels too. From the outside, mine will look like an SRi :lol:

I wasn't too bothered by the interior, but completely understand what you mean. I actually like the excites steering wheel and gear knob. Both good value for money IMO.

Agree about the exhaust too, but you can buy the official chrome tip extension as an extra. Im also thinking about the rear spoiler, as I do like the Sri vxline/le one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
The life spec is overpriced when compared to other models for what you get - hence not seeing any about.

The LE is also quite stripped back in terms of options and replaced with the body kit - and yes, it does look very nice, but I was quite shocked when I found out that it even lacked the sight and light pack too. - for me, the excite is the greatest value as you have sight and light and winter pack as standard.
That's why I went for the SRi, I wanted a model with some sporty touches and that looked sporty but wasn't fussed on the styling kit, wanted the sight and light pack, and the touchscreen, dab radio, Bluetooth, USB and cruise. I did consider the Excite as it has the heated seats and wheel but thought it looked a bit too plain, the sportier seats with bolsters, ambient lighting, red leather stitched steering wheel, alloy pedal covers, red dash strip and leather handbrake with red stitching made the SRi look a bit mor special inside (although the same as the LE admittedly but it was cheaper, had sight and light and I didn't really want the kit anyway) only things I wish my SRi had and want to add is the rear spoiler from the SRi VX-Line/LE, the visible chrome exhaust tail pipe from VX-Line/LE/any spec with petrol Turbo engine, think it's a bit stupid how they still give the SRi the visible exhaust tail pipe but without the chrome part welded on, they'd have been better keeping it hidden like on the Excite and so on so its not so obvious that something's out of place, and the steering wheel and gear knob from the Sting R, not that I don't like the SRi ones, I'd have been quite happy with them had the Sting R not had those ones, which look nicer.
You have a similar train of thought to me haha. I was between the SRi and the Excite, it was the winter pack that did it for me tbh, especially as I am getting black wheels too. From the outside, mine will look like an SRi :lol:

I wasn't too bothered by the interior, but completely understand what you mean. I actually like the excites steering wheel and gear knob. Both good value for money IMO.

Agree about the exhaust too, but you can buy the official chrome tip extension as an extra. Im also thinking about the rear spoiler, as I do like the Sri vxline/le one.
How did you manage to get the black wheels? They don't show as an option for the Excite on the Vauxhall configurator thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
How did you manage to get the black wheels? They don't show as an option for the Excite on the Vauxhall configurator thing.
Ahaa ;) My dealership are spraying them for me - the saleswoman is a family friend.

The only external difference will be the chrome surround on the fog lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
How did you manage to get the black wheels? They don't show as an option for the Excite on the Vauxhall configurator thing.
Ahaa ;) My dealership are spraying them for me - the saleswoman is a family friend.

The only external difference will be the chrome surround on the fog lights.
Does the Excite not also have a colour coded rear bumper skirt/diffuser and hidden exhaust where the SRI has a black unpainted plastic skirt/diffuser with a cut out for the exhaust and the oval non chrome visible exhaust tail pipe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
How did you manage to get the black wheels? They don't show as an option for the Excite on the Vauxhall configurator thing.
Ahaa ;) My dealership are spraying them for me - the saleswoman is a family friend.

The only external difference will be the chrome surround on the fog lights.
Does the Excite not also have a colour coded rear bumper skirt/diffuser and hidden exhaust where the SRI has a black unpainted plastic skirt/diffuser with a cut out for the exhaust and the oval non chrome visible exhaust tail pipe?
It is the same as the SRi with a black plastic rear diffuser, not sure on the tail pipe though! Would suspect it to be hidden. Will have to look on the configurator when I get a chance (dont have mine yet :()
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LimeyUK said:
it is the same as the SRi with a black plastic rear diffuser, not sure on the tail pipe though! Would suspect it to be hidden. Will have to look on the configurator when I get a chance (dont have mine yet :()
Just checked configurator, the Excite with the 1.4 n/a engine has the colour coded rear bumper skirt and hidden exhaust tailpipe, the 1.4 turbo like what you've ordered has as you say the black plastic rear bumper skirt but also the visible but non chrome tail pipe, it seems any car with the black plastic bumper skirt has a visible exhaust, those with standard colour coded skirt have hidden exhausts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
it is the same as the SRi with a black plastic rear diffuser, not sure on the tail pipe though! Would suspect it to be hidden. Will have to look on the configurator when I get a chance (dont have mine yet :()
Just checked configurator, the Excite with the 1.4 n/a engine has the colour coded rear bumper skirt and hidden exhaust tailpipe, the 1.4 turbo like what you've ordered has as you say the black plastic rear bumper skirt but also the visible but non chrome tail pipe, it seems any car with the black plastic bumper skirt has a visible exhaust, those with standard colour coded skirt have hidden exhausts.
Ooh, that's nice to know. I may have to look into getting the chrome tailpipe.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top