Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I was a bit surprised when I went to collect Dafny to find she was yellow when I had ordered a green car!

The Vauxhall configurator shows limelight green as a pale pastel green as shown here:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Dafny actually looks like this:

View attachment 366

Basically nothing like green, nothing like the configurator but equally not as dark a yellow as 'flaming yellow' which is the only other yellow paint option. So I double checked with the dealer and they claimed this is definitely limelight green. I was a bit annoyed at how the configurator could be so misleading but thankfully my wife and I both love Dafnys colour and actually prefer it to the green anyway.

HOWEVER today I found this video which claims to show a limelight green Corsa E. It looks green not yellow, it looks alot closer to the configurator colour too.

So is Dafny another colour entirely that is not listed or is this yet another internal problem, like the wrong engine codes, that means the documentation /website is not accurate to what the factory makes or does this mean limelight green in the UK is not the same as limelight green in the rest of Europe???

Or am I colour blind?? The one in the video definately looks green whereas Dafny looks yellow. I assume you lot see the same as me?

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Ian, yes I see what you mean there does appear to be a colour difference
but I am no expert ? Had assumed you were happy with your choice ? Could be a unique 1 off ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Derek, yes we love the colour however I'm concerned that I've been telling people that my car is limelight green and they may be tempted to order one too, expecting to get a yellow one like mine but instead get one that actually is green!! There is quite a difference in those colours and to be honest I actually prefer Dafnys yellow to that pale green one in the video.

PS. Does anybody know how to get the youtube video to embed? The youtube tags don't seem to work for me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ian, try this: [youtube]the number after v=[/youtube]

I agree - the video definitely looks more green than yours, but yours is in bright sunlight, so might that be the difference? Take a pic of Dafny on a dull day and compare. I know from what I've seen online, shiny rock is nothing like the configurator either, and nor is darksea blue!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Leachie, I tried just the ID between the youtube tags but it didn't work :-(

Here are a couple of shots of Dafny in the shade and on a very dark, wet, dull day:

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hmmm, still yellow! Or 'primrose yellow'! Deffo not green at all! Not even a hint!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leachie, I fixed the video to embedded :) Your were right, however for some reason it doesn't display properly on my phone. I'm back on the PC now and it seems to display fine now?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
mud4fun said:
Leachie, I fixed the video to embedded :) Your were right, however for some reason it doesn't display properly on my phone. I'm back on the PC now and it seems to display fine now?
Yep, it's fixed! I could only see the link text earlier.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
um, now I look at that picture of yours anthony, that corsa looks like it has a hint of green in it whereas Dafny doesn't. Maybe it is just the photos but comparing that picture to mine above it looks a different shade.

I wonder if they got the paint mix wrong at the factory for the first batch of limelight green cars and they have since corrected it? The car in the video is clearly a different shade to Dafny without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point! I will order some from VX and see what it looks like :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hmm yours definitely looks more yellow and than a greeny colour. And the picture in front of the red Corsa is definitely more greeny than yellow. Bizarre. As long as you're happy though.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi liverpaul, my wife and I both love the colour so no complaints there. However I've had a few people (mostly females) enquire as to which colour it is as they adored it and were considering buying one in the same colour. I was a bit concerned that I was telling them it was limelight green when it might not be.

I agree with Leachie, I think 'primrose yellow' is most accurate, especially as we've just started painting our kitchen in Dulux primrose yellow and it is very close to Dafnys colour!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ooh what a gorgeous car! Oh and yes, that is Dafnys colour :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts