Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts on other forums about this and also some quite derisory comments about them. :(

It seems some people are quite naive about this as they are taking the trim name literally and then getting upset when they see thousands about. As an older chap, who has been into 4x4's for most of my life this trim name is not so unusual. To my knowledge Ford have used 'Limited' as a trim level on their pickups trucks for decades and sold literally millions of them. I also believe Jeep used it on some of their models too such as the Cherokee.

I have always taken the 'Limited Edition' to be simply a trim level just like SE or SRi. However in searching the web trying to find pictures of a real life LE in limelight green (unsuccessully) I noticed that elsehwere in Europe there doesn't appear to be a Limited Edition model sold by Opel. I've seen similar trim levels with say for example a black roof or black mirrors but non have the body kit.

I wonder if the Limited is actually, after all, a limited trim level but in terms of UK only rather than in volume?

As the Corsa is sold worldwide under the Opel name I guess a UK specific model would indeed be limited in volume compared to worldwide sales. :) I know the VXR is sold as the OPC in Europe but that was the exact same model and trim, just a different name. In this case the LE specification itself seems to be UK only?

G

·
With Vauxhall the Limited Edition is used for that particular model as it has a limited monthly production run, what the monthly figure is I am unsure about.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, I've seen that posted on other forums but it doesn't make sense to me. Vauxhall is in the business of making money and the LE is clearly a very good seller so why limit it?

I suspect it may be the case that several years ago they thought to produce a limited run to keep interest going in a model approaching the end of its life and it sold way better than the expected. With this brand new model it is being offered as a trim level from the outset so I doubt there is any volume limit.

If anything the name has probably prevailed simply for familiarity terms to existing owners looking to upgrade. I can't find them for sale elsewhere in Europe though so it must be a UK trim level.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G

·
It probably was as you said mud4fun, originally intended for a limited run but demand was better than they imagined. The same happened with the Black Edition, originally a 500 unit production but they carried on producing them, although from what the Corsa D forum could work out, the original 500 were the ones with the Limited Edition badge on the wing, as from early 2013 they no longer had them. As with the new LE, at least they are offering it with more than just the 1.2 petrol or 1.3 diesel.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I always liked the look of the LE on the Corsa D but the engine choice and limited colours put me off. This new version is not only a noticeably superior car but has the better engine and colour options. I ordered the 1.4 turbo LE as it should suit my driving style and journeys. I still prefer the rear end of the D though, the E is quite ugly from the rear but just about everything else is better :)

G

·
Same with me, I thought the D was horrible when it first came out but I really like it now ( only the 3 door though). The E isn't as nice from the rear but the improvements to the rest of the car make up for it, plus the rear end will grow on me after time, that is if it ever gets delivered :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gkmorris said:
that is if it ever gets delivered :D
Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine which is meant to be due for delivery in 3 weeks time. However it was meant to be built last week and I still haven't had confirmation from Vauxhall tracking that it has actually been built yet :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.