Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these are standard on all corsas? Don't fancy being left on bricks

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes I have them on my LE, the special tool is in the glove box so I guess anybody wanting to nick the wheels will break the passenger window... ;-)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good. That's a relief. Thanks guys should have corsa sting r by next week due date 10th April.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes I have them on my LE, the special tool is in the glove box so I guess anybody wanting to nick the wheels will break the passenger window... ;-)
don't keep in in the glove box then :roll:
mine's In the boot with the pump and stuff

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I was referring to the fact it has its own little slot in the glove box and is mentioned in the handbook so any thief will think it is there regardless of whether you move it or not. They won't discover you've moved it until after they've smashed the window ;-) ;-)

Mind you, does anybody steal stock alloys any more? I've never had locking nuts on my pickups and nobody even attempted to steal them in 20 years. Are Corsa's more of a target do you think?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
On my last vx astra I got a box to store the lock nut key also there were the four spare bolts, this time I only got the key

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
On my last vx astra I got a box to store the lock nut key also there were the four spare bolts, this time I only got the key
More Vauxhall cost cutting my good man, either that or the locking wheel but is now fitted at the factory so there aren't any spare wheel nuts, before it was part of the PDi at the dealers for the mechanic to get a locking wheel but kit from the parts dept and fit the locking bolts one to each wheel and put the removed normal bolt in the box, I'm not sure if you were to go to the parts dept and buy a locking nut set you'd still get them in a box but I'd think so, in any case this was a 2014MY change, all our Vauxhall up to 63 plate at work, Corsa D's, Astra's and Insignias all have a box but the 14 and 64 plate ones just have the little sealed bag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts