Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
i'm looking at swapping to the new corsa, i'm looking at the excite 1.4t 5dr, as the spec seems to tick all the boxes.
who has got a cracking deal? :cool:

surfing the net the best price so far is £11230 :eek:
any one beat that? :?:
is there a better spec of corsa i should look at?
cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
When I started looking at the Corsa back in February, I was all set to get an Excite, but as I am in no rush to change my car I figured I would wait a while to see what offers come up for other trim levels. Since then, by doing lots of research and reading a lot on here, I realised that had I gone ahead with the Excite, I wouldn't have got a few things that I actually need or want. For example, the Excite doesn't have the trip computer or heated wing mirrors that I actually need for parking on my awkward driveway when it's raining. I am now thinking of either SRi with winter pack or SE. I had a Corsa D before my current car (Ibiza 1.2tsi) and nothing has come close in terms of engine and road tax until Vx released those small turbo engines. I would benefit from the heated steering wheel and seats as I have a circulation problem and no other cars offer these things at such a good value for money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
The Excite has a trip computer.

I agree about SRi with Winter pack - I would have gone for that myself if it didn't incur a 12 week wait instead of a 10 day wait. Instead I have gone for Excite A/C with black alloys :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
The Excite doesn't have the multi function trip computer as far as I'm aware. It was one of the key items for me when choosing the car and only the LE, SRi's and SE have the multi function trip which is what you see people taking screen shots of for their mpg and mileage readings. It features two trips for mpg, a digital speedo and instant mpg/tank range screens.

Things might have changed since I ordered my 1.4T LE back in January but back then the MF trip was definately not available on the either excite and the 1.4T engine was only on the Excite A/C not the Excite?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
You're right about the engines, Excite A/C has the turbo's available. I was informed that the Excite (Maybe just Excite A/C?) had a trip computer, whether or not that is the multi-trip, i don't know..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've only just started looking, and just assumed it had heated mirrors, something which is standard these days on most cars..
i'll keep looking at the spec's,
what about reliability , a lot of reviews by owners saying they are have quite a few faults?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
mud4fun said:
The Excite doesn't have the multi function trip computer as far as I'm aware. It was one of the key items for me when choosing the car and only the LE, SRi's and SE have the multi function trip which is what you see people taking screen shots of for their mpg and mileage readings. It features two trips for mpg, a digital speedo and instant mpg/tank range screens.
I have a trip computer. It has two trips for mpg (miles/mpg/average speed) and instant mpg/tank range screen as well as oil life, tyre pressure display and settings. The only thing it doesn't have is a digital speedo. My screen is the same as yours in your pics, I will post one up in the coming weeks when i get more results on my mpg and fill up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
That is odd Reddaz, both dealer and VX configurator stated no MF trip on the excite back in January when I was looking. I've just double checked and configurator still shows not MF trip on them!? A bit misleading if yours does have it because I don't really use the digital speedo anyway so you have basically all the features I have. Mind you, it is not the first time the configurator has been wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
mud4fun said:
A bit misleading if yours does have it because I don't really use the digital speedo anyway so you have basically all the features I have. Mind you, it is not the first time the configurator has been wrong.
No IF mate, I do have it :)

I know it says that in the configurator and I questioned the dealer when I brought the car because the trip computer is one of the features I wanted and it was in the Excite I test drove. In the price guide it also says the Excite doesn't have a leather steering wheel and then on the options page says the Excite has an electronically heated leather steering wheel as part of the winter pack. Mine has a leather steering wheel :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
The Excite I test drove at the dealers for the 1.4 Ecoflex engine (their SRi demo wasn't a 1.4 Ecoflex) had the same instrument panel as my SRi. I didn't notice if it had a digital speedo as it was on the trip miles/average mpg/average speed listing screen but to my mind there area only 2 types of instrument panel on the E, the basic one like the Sting and the trip computer one in the LE and SRi etc

Didn't realise the Excite didn't have heated door mirrors, you'd think a car with a winter pack and heated seats, steering wheel and windscreen would have heated mirrors too,totally stupid way of speccing a car, there seems a myriad of features included in some specs but not others, for example I thought the SRi AND SE had ambient lighting with the SE being the top spec, however it doesn't, there's no rhyme nor reason to how theyve specced it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
I spoke to my dad earlier, he has the 5dr Excite A/C, he said he does have a multifunction trip computer. So i guess they've added it in, without updating the Configurator - unless it's just a hidden feature :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
I spoke to my dad earlier, he has the 5dr Excite A/C, he said he does have a multifunction trip computer. So i guess they've added it in, without updating the Configurator - unless it's just a hidden feature :lol:
You could look at it two ways, 1) A mistake on the configurator by Vauxhall that could be costing them sales of a cheaper model from those people like myself that consider the MF trip to be a highly desirable item for getting maximum economy from their cars or 2) A deliberate omission from the configurator by Vauxhall to encourage people to buy the more expensive models ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
I spoke to my dad earlier, he has the 5dr Excite A/C, he said he does have a multifunction trip computer. So i guess they've added it in, without updating the Configurator - unless it's just a hidden feature :lol:
You could look at it two ways, 1) A mistake on the configurator by Vauxhall that could be costing them sales of a cheaper model from those people like myself that consider the MF trip to be a highly desirable item for getting maximum economy from their cars or 2) A deliberate omission from the configurator by Vauxhall to encourage people to buy the more expensive models ;-)
That too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
On that subject it will be interesting to see what 2016MY changes (read as deletions from the standard spec) Vauxhall make, it seems Vauxhall bring out a car loaded with kit then gradually delete spec from it each model year.

To give a few examples,Vectra C 2004MY, rain sensor wipers and auto dim interior mirror deleted. 2005MY chrome window trims and rear cupholder deleted on SRi spec. 2006MY facelift had bonnet gas strut replaced with the metal pole to hold it up, and the rear heating vent ducts removed and a cubby hole in their place.

Insignia SRi, 2012MY, electric rear windows and ergonomic passenger seat with leg extension cushion removed. Facelift 2014MY Insignia SRi has regained electric rear windows plus Bluetooth and DAB radio but missing centre rear seat armrest and 3rs rear head rest.

Plus personal examples, I had a 2005MY Astra H Design, the 2006MY had had the trip computer, check control (bulb failure, low coolant level etc warnings) and half real leather seat facings removed and replaced with faux leather and the TID display from the base models.

Corsa C 2005/6MY, my 55 plate SXi had the reach/rake adjustable steering wheel replaced by a fixed steering wheel with no adjustment, large interior light with map lights replaced by an ordinary one, 60/40 split fold rear seat replaced by a 1 piece rear seat where the 2004MY had all those things.

It will be interesting to see what cost cutting they introduce on the E and expect people not to notice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
They did this to the Ibiza just after I bought mine. They changed the trim to Sportrider from Sport and removed the middle headrest in the back, rear electric windows and a couple of other things for the MY12 cars. Got mine just in time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
They did this to the Ibiza just after I bought mine. They changed the trim to Sportrider from Sport and removed the middle headrest in the back, rear electric windows and a couple of other things for the MY12 cars. Got mine just in time!
This was different though, as although Seat did remove the rear electric windows and middle rear head rest, the Sportrider got auto lights, auto wipers and powered auto dim rear view mirror and digital automatic climate control where the Sport just had the standard 3 knobs for the controls, only reason I know this is I nearly bought a 1.6 CR TDi Sportrider before the Corsa.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top