Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to drop the height of my Corsa Sting by around 1 inch or 2.5 cm in metric :lol: So basically I I've had a read online and saw that I wont really need an entire kit with Dampers, only the springs. Has anyone else lowered their car yet, and could recommend a decent set of springs to do the job? and does anyone even have pictures of it? as google image search only really gives me the C body lowered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered mine this morning so as soon as I get them of course I shall do a step by step thread

By the way I'm lowering mine 60mm at the front an 40mm at the back, off for some serious lows and off for the Euro slammed look ;) keep a watch on my thread ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes there the ones but no they aren't. I had these on my previous fiesta and were decent enough. But yeah wait till I've done them so every knows what 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back looks like

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
60mm drop is alot! It'll look great but will be a hard ride and you'll struggle over ramps, kerbs and the like?

My LE is already 25mm lower than most Corsa E's (with the comfort chassis) and this is how much clearance I have over the kerb into my driveway. This is with the car completely empty, no people in it or shopping etc. If I have any passengers they have to get out before I park on the drive otherwise the exhaust scrapes the pavement and gets damaged.

View attachment 277

I also live in a rural area with lots of undulating country lanes where I've managed to scrape Dafny's underside already. How do you guys cope with anything lower??? Don't drive anywhere? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I wouldn't know joeboy, not had Corsas before. However I did read that VX had put an entirely new suspension setup on the E (sports chassis) which explains why so many reviews of it say the ride and handling is much improved over the D. I'm well impressed with mine, handling is great and yet ride is not overly firm and handles rough rural lanes just fine. I would not have thought it used exact same setup as D otherwise there would be no difference to ride and handling from the D?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah LE is low already I just put some slabs in my front garden to get in in from the street parking and its tight to say the least,I'l get some pics up to let you all see the lack of "clearance"lol. :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm going to lay a new drive later in year because got back from garden centre yesterday with loads of bags of compost in boot and managed to scrape exhaust on path again :-(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I'm going to lay a new drive later in year because got back from garden centre yesterday with loads of bags of compost in boot and managed to scrape exhaust on path again :-(
R.I.P Exhaust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.