Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes the rumors are true....Corsa D springs fit Corsa E's perfectly

Now here you go as promised a step by step guide how to do it all.

Firstly do the rear of your Corsa E, Now these are 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back lowering springs.

First jack up your car on Axle stands and place your jack under the dead axle

Next undo the the Damper Bolts using E20 socket

Now let the jack down very slowly till the entire Axle drops until the Sprigs leave the body of the car.

Place the top rubber section into the new spring before fitting and making sure it fits perfectly.

Place the new lowered spring into place, making sure it sits in perfectly.

Now put it all back together, make sure you you slowly jack the Axle back up and make sure everything slides back and and tighten up the damper bolts and thats the rear finished

Now for the front, do one side at a time. In this guide I will just show the OSF and the NSF is exactly the same

Firstly remove the ABS sensor cable

Next remove the brake hose. There is a small spring clip, a simple long nosed pliers will get this off. When removed place it in a safe place and dont loose it!

Now its time to remove the Drop Links. You need a 16mm Spanner and I think it was a 7mm Socket to hold it in place so the shaft doesnt spin as you undo the nut.

Now for the support bolts. These require a 18mm Spanner and a 18mm Socket Undo the bottom one first and remove it completely. Then undo the top one but only remove the nut and leave the bolt in the Damper for now.

Now its time to remove the Scuttle Panel. The rubber bit just pulls off. Then its time to remove the wiper blades. To remove the little black plastic caps covering the nuts, a small flat bladed screwdriver will have them off in seconds. Then undo and remove the bolts, now semi-shut the bonnet, and lift the wiper blades in the air and grab the base of the wiper and wiggle it till it comes off in your hands. Then the scuttle panel just comes off as it slides off the window.

Now undo the top mounting bolt for the Strut, This you need a 18mm spanner and a 10mm long socket to undo it

Now take out the top supporting bolt out...WARNING!!! I found once this bolt is removed and the Drop Link because its undo soo much tension from the anti-roll bar, can violently move the McPherson Strut so be careful. Now the drop link can be remove from the strut completely and thats the suspension fully removed off the car.

Now I found spring compressors arent needed as you are removing the springs but be careful when your close to the nut coming off.

The lowering springs simply fit straight on and tighten everything back up

Now re-fit everything in reverse you took them off...AGAIN BE WARNED, the anti roll bar is hard to fit back on, a bit of force is required but i recommend fit this first and then just get the top mounting bolt 'the one behind the scuttle panel' now fit everything else, and tighten everything up. The NSF is exactly the same and when thats done, then re-fit the scuttle panel and the wiper blades. And all finished

This is the end result of the 60mm at the fron and 40 mm at the rear

Any questions simply ask and I will try and get back to you as quick as possible

·
Registered
142 Posts
Those are some wheels! You must be dedicated to spend that long cleaning them, I get bored after 10 minutes! I often think my car would look better if it was slightly lower, then I wonder how badly it would affect the ride (and my insurance)?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
CMK said:
Those are some wheels! You must be dedicated to spend that long cleaning them, I get bored after 10 minutes! I often think my car would look better if it was slightly lower, then I wonder how badly it would affect the ride (and my insurance)?
According to Moneysupermarket.com, a suspension upgrade causes between 2% and 26% premium increase depending on if you go with their 2013 or current online article. Not declaring it nullifies the insurance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
How is 60mm for going over speed bumps? To get to my house there are some quite big speed bumps and I'm already running a Cupra R splitter.. Was originally gonna go for 30/40 but the 40/60 looks so much better! But don't know if its too low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Completely new to both the Corsa seen and also the forum so not found threads/topics initially to help me but you seem to be the go to guy for tutorials/advice.

I'm looking to drop my Corsa E 1.4T so it fills out the arches possibly with 20mm spacers using Eibach 30/40 however Did you find your car dropped by 60/40 or less taking into account already lower VX suspension setup fitted?

Sorry for bringing an old post back to life too.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
435 Posts
Good work. When my warranty is up I'm going to treat my SRi to a remap and some Eibach 25mm lowering springs I think. I had Eibach on my old Type R and they were spot on, I'd recommend them for anyone who wants better handling but not as big a drop. Think they're -25mm all round which is more than enough if you live in speed bump and pot hole city like me :lol:

PS didn't read this was originally from 2015 :lol:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yep! I'm more used to being on hot hatch forums which are a lot more active. I suppose the normal Corsa forums are more active but it's nice to have a specific Corsa E one as well to document any issues and help/get help when you need it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know where you can get bags for the corsa e? The internet isn't bringing up much...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.