Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, only had my car for 6 weeks now and this morning found a 1/4" paint chip on the coach line of rear passenger door Ugh looks too deep for touch up so off for advise from Body Shop tomorrow morning. Looks like its been caused by another car door?

Derek

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's awful! People should be more careful! I know how you feel, I'd had my current car 2 weeks when someone did that to mine. It makes me really cross!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to dealer this afternoon & was advised to try with Touch Up Kit first which they ordered - accidental damage so not covered by Warranty etc
as I expected. So got to find myself a steady hand now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to hear that MATE when you do it don't use the brush in touch up use the tip of a straightened paper clip apply small amounts to build up layers then finish off with laquerjust take your time

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks pmarsh for the tips, I already been on uTube watching all the different methods, my favourite at the moment is the one using (Red Putty Filler) to fill the deep hole. Its only about 1/4 " long but stands out like a sore thumb ?? initially though I thought it was bird crap, at least that would have just wiped off. Thanks again for the advise which is always very welcome. Damn annoying though I must say.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Anthony, very interesting have seen wheel repair agents in the area before but this is a new area that needs some investigating ? Thanks for the link will let you know how I get on - don't really fancy doing it myself? Ok if it were a banger or 3 - 4 year old but don't want to loose next exchange value.

Derek

·
Registered
75 Posts
As Anthony said try chips away as they will carry out a top quality smart repair don't bother with the touch up kit its crap.

It's inevitable that you will get scuffs, scratches and minor dents espesially in supermarket car parks as people are animals and have no respect for others property.

I'm always looking for the parking spot with the most space but like I said its inevitable.

My advise have it smart repaired or save your money and wait until the end when you change your car and have it done then as you may have more to be repaired (providing it's not chipped to bare steel) or touch in til the end then get it smart repaired.

Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear . Many years ago i ordered a Datsun, was due 1st August, eventually delivered November 4th (dockers on strike), and going round a corner within 2 hours of delivery, met a gritting lorry coming in the opposite direction. Result, 5mm chip on the bonnet!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.