Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with their corsa misting up when you have the heaters on? Or am i doing something wrong :lol: when its cold i have my heated seats. heated steering wheel and the blowers on 1 or 2 with arrow to m y face setting, but it mists up quite bad that i can't see out the windows, but the windscreen stays clear

·
Registered
342 Posts
Move the setting from face to full windscreen and the air from the vents built into the ends of the dash should Clear it

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Never suffered any misting issue at all even in torrential rain on motorway. I'm a smoker though so I tend to drive with window open a couple of inches every 15-20 mins to have a ***. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have noticed this, not had this with any other car I have owned when having the heating on and is a concern, especially when it get really cold over the coming months.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Have you tried setting the air con on, set to heat, with it set to use interior air rather than fresh? I do that for a few minutes when getting in on damp days so it dehumidifies the car. It should only take a few minutes to clear.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Surely it all depends on the external temperature? :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't think it is temperature related but rather humidity related. I used to have a nightmare with misting in my Mazda double cab pickup truck. It would mist up the side windows in very wet conditions and the heater just never seemed to touch it. I had to use the air con with recirc on to clear the windows. I've not had an issue with the Corsa though so I'm not sure what the cause is. Generally in wet conditions I always drive with the vents set to windscreen and the heater on 1. Never need to use the heated screen option other than in torrential rain when I need to demist the mirrors (rather than the screen). I have wind deflector fitted and often have the drivers window wound down an inch or two while smoking and I suspect this helps keep the windows from misting up. It probably didn't work as well in the big pickup truck as that had a much larger internal volume.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like mud said, temp selector to heat, ac on, set flow to windscreen and it should clear up in as short time...will take slightly longer if starting from cold. Works for me

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use to have serious problems with misting up in the Corsa 'D' i had because the heater/ventilation was useless. I can tell you i've had no misting up problems on the E so far and thats with extra bodies in the car. Also the Heater/ ventilation and fans are much improved on this new corsa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for their advice, i have done what you have said and I am mist free! saves me having to put the window down on a junction because i can't see :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the same problem again :( i was driving home at 2am this morning, heater on full set to just windscreen and the heat just made it mist to the point i could not see out the windscreen and had to lean over to see under the mistv (luckily there was no traffic!), so i had to switch it to cold with air con on (obviously not ideal at 2am when its cold) which cleared it quite quick, why would the heat be making it mist so bad its almost worrying to have the heater on when its cold because its going to make it impossible to drive

·
Registered
342 Posts
Possibly the heat mixing with cold air causing misting /condensation I gradually adjust the heat

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yes sorry I deleted the post but not quick enough.
This time of year is the worst fir misting. did you use the screen heater before setting off? its why I upgraded from Corsa D.
Aircon plus hot air is the recommended emergency demist.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have noticed this on the courtesy car this morning, the windscreen was relatively okay apart from the edges, however the blowers were facing me on 2 - it steamed up the side windows and I had to flick it back to Windscreen 4 and it did clear within about 15 seconds but I did notice this happening

·
Registered
227 Posts
You wont freeze if you turn on the ac, just adjust the heater to what ever temp is comfortable for you and turn on the ac....the hot air will help evaporate the water in the air, ac will absorb water just like a dehumidifier does. Heater on it's own will not demist the windows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the morning i turn the dial to windscreen, put it up to 4 on max heat and turn ac and the windscreen/heated wing mirrors button on

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having had great success in our misty VX Antara, I treated my new Corsa to a "Pingi LV-A300 Reusable Car Dehumidifier" from Amazon. I no longer have monstrously misty windows when I get in the car. However, I have found that a bit of that non-slip rubber mat is required to prevent the bag from sliding backwards and forwards across the dashboard whilst driving. A simple fix to a common problem and the bonus is that it also reduces foosty wet dog smells too :lol:

-LaZ-

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also when setting is on full windscreen aircon activates in the back ground that's why I don't press the air con button as it clears quickly it states it in the manual

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Lazarus. This car of mine has never steamed up more than a minute. Screen heater and the good screen vents should avoid it.
If there's a fusty smell I would check for wet carpets caused by leaks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts