Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it posible to charge a mobile phone through the USB port built into the car under the Intellink main screen?

I have plugged my phone in through the port but it doesn't appear to start charging the phone.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My android Xperia works just fine, but I have separated 12V charger for it, just not to block an USB port

·
Registered
961 Posts
ledders said:
Is it posible to charge a mobile phone through the USB port built into the car under the Intellink main screen?

I have plugged my phone in through the port but it doesn't appear to start charging the phone.

Has anybody got any suggestions?
it should, both my ipod and Sony Xperia phone charge when connected to the car via USB.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My iPhone charges through the USB port, albeit much more slowly than the 12V socket.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My Nokia 925 charges fine using USB port. I have a beefy cable too which seems to help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I found the USB port to be extremely slow at charging my phone. The battery would actually go down if I was using google maps.

I just use a griffin 2amp 12v USB socket to charge my phone.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
if is a standard spec usb it must supply 0.5 amps at 4.5 volts. (but this is GM)
some phones and tablets need 2 amps or more.
Some wierdies like the BlackBerry playbook shut off the charging circuit if 2A not available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts