Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I am getting my corsa delivered from car wow approx April. Anyways just wondering I am getting model sting r and i have just found out it doesn't have a multi trip computer does anyone know what's in its place? Thanks

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I thought the trip computer fed information to the little panel on the dash between the speedo and rev counter? Is it controlled by buttons on the stalk or wheel? I assume models without it just do without the extra controls and the relevant software is disabled. I didn't think it ran through the intellilink?

G

·
Correct mud4fun, it is between the speedo and Rev counter and is controlled by controls on the indicator stalk.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
gkmorris said:
Correct mud4fun, it is between the speedo and Rev counter and is controlled by controls on the indicator stalk.
Excellent, thank you. I used to have a very early system on an old Astra sport and loved it. It is one bit of kit I use all the time but then I do 20-30K miles a year. Probably not worth paying for the high spec models just to get this feature unless you do alot of mileage/trips?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's between the speedo so what's there nothing? I am going to buy intelilink separate

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Isn't there a panel there on all models anyway for displaying the warnings and for any other options fitted that give feedback or warnings? Also for displaying the engine data.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would also be interested to know if the models that don't have the trip computer still display an mpg reading. Got a feeling they don't though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"I would also be interested to know if the models that don't have the trip computer still display an mpg reading. Got a feeling they don't though."

Not on my StingR, but does give some details re tyre pressure etc . Basically I just fill up when empty - at this stage I am enjoying the power rather than the MPG!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have emailed Vauxhall customer service regarding to install multi trip computer at build stage what are my chances they will do it I wonder?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Be interesting to see what they say! My perfect Corsa would be an Excite that has a trip computer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up the wife's 1.0t excite. It appears to have a trip computer which surprised me. Display of instant mpg and range on one screen and 2 further screens for trip computer 1 snd 2. Doesn't seem to be a digital speed readout though.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got the sting and no trip computer. Like others have said models with the computer it is controlled but the stalks so I am wondering if it can switched on with diagnostic software. I know other vauxhalls can have features turned on and off with this software

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the excite and am happy enough with the trip computer however would really like a digital speedo. Does anyone know if its possible to have the one thats got that installed or if there is a way to enable it?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
kriegar said:
I have the excite and am happy enough with the trip computer however would really like a digital speedo. Does anyone know if its possible to have the one thats got that installed or if there is a way to enable it?
Didn't even know it was an option if I'm honest :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I understand there is 2 different ones, one has more functions than the other. Mines has mpg and stuff which is great but for some unfathomable reason it doesnt have a digital speedo... That wouldnt be so bad if the standard analogue speedo wasnt so badly laid out with dots instead of numbers on the main speeds (30, 50, 70).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts