Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great looking car there, that red and black is lovely!

We were originally very much tempted to go for red but had to rethink mainly out of fear the red would fade, should not be an issue on your side of the world tho....not much sun to fade with :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Great looking car there, that red and black is lovely!

We were originally very much tempted to go for red but had to rethink mainly out of fear the red would fade, should not be an issue on your side of the world tho....not much sun to fade with :lol:
Keep it protected and it won't fade, simple :p

·
Registered
227 Posts
Protected as in permanently garaged? :lol:
Not so simple if its your every day car when you're dealing with an in the sun temp of 50degC :(
On the island most non premium red cars seem to fade, no matter what - unless it's just a Sunday drive and always garaged.
Tbh, not only red cars are affected, but its the most evident...

That should not be the case for you in the UK I think...right?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Protected as in permanently garaged? :lol:
Not so simple if its your every day car when you're dealing with an in the sun temp of 50degC :(
On the island most non premium red cars seem to fade, no matter what - unless it's just a Sunday drive and always garaged.
Tbh, not only red cars are affected, but its the most evident...

That should not be the case for you in the UK I think...right?
All colours fade, just probably slower over here.

If you use the right protectors, and shampoos etc, you can make it last a lot longer than usual. Some even restore it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I protect mine with autoglym shampoo followed by autoglym super resin polish finishing with a good coat of meguirars next gen tech wax superb results and protection

·
Registered
961 Posts
Old Red Vauxhalls used to be horrendous for fading, right up to the Corsa D, I believe the reason was that the solid red wasn't lacquered, whereas now I believe they do lacquer it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hendry said:
Old Red Vauxhalls used to be horrendous for fading, right up to the Corsa D, I believe the reason was that the solid red wasn't lacquered, whereas now I believe they do lacquer it.
That's exactly what the dealer told me when I said why I wasn't keen on the red. There's a Corsa C at work and some panels are terribly faded.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
hendry said:
That's exactly what the dealer told me when I said why I wasn't keen on the red. There's a Corsa C at work and some panels are terribly faded.
I dont know why they try to sell the red... Its the free colour when you order.. surely they should try to make you change it? :lol:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i like the red thats why i got it not because it was free, also so far i'v given it about 4 coats of Autogym ultimate wax polish,
i think it was the older reds that faded and possibly lack of love by the owner

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
i like the red thats why i got it not because it was free, also so far i'v given it about 4 coats of Autogym ultimate wax polish,
i think it was the older reds that faded and possibly lack of love by the owner
Oh no, don't get me wrong, the red is nice - it's just funny to hear about a salesperson that tries to actually sell something that's free anyway.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thanks!
Silly not putting the watermark across the image - it might encourage people to download it and print their own!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice! I was ready to settle with red for hubby's sake, but when we saw it in the flesh we both decided it was a bit 'in your face' for us, so we plumped for shiny rock seeing as I wasn't allowed the lovely new persian blue (wrong team colour apparently)! :roll: Men! Lol! Anyhow, your car looks lovely and I do like the red. I love the smoked covers too. The sticker inspired me to look for others on ebay. :D Thought this one was cool! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAX-DISC-RIP-Funny-Car-Window-Bumper-JDM-VW-VAUXHALL-Novelty-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker-/400937286151?hash=item5d59b97a07

1 - 20 of 22 Posts