Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

after plenty of research really fancied the StingR 1.0T in red. After contacting a few dealers re prices PCP etc did not think I would get one anytime soon until went for a look at the local dealer - and there was one sitting in the showroom.

Didn't think I would ever be able to afford a new car - ok it is only PCP for 2 years but so exited

Exactly what I wanted and at a brilliant price. Really wanted a test drive before committing so on with the trade plates and out in the pouring rain - Scotland of course! Back to showroom and deal done - pick up on Tuesday hopefully.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Congrats! I do like the red and black! Do Sting and Sting R have different engines available? On the website there is only the Sting model that only has the 1.2 and 1.4 non turbo engines. Just wondering why Sting R isn't on the website configurator as I am sure it was a couple of weeks ago!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Stinger said:
Thats why I went for the "R" as 1.0T not available on Sting - also did not like the white stripes and wheels on Sting compared to the black on "R"
Ahh, I see! I guess Sting R is only available through a dealer then. I don't much like the white stripes either, but the black ones look fab!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hmmm, Looks like the mobile site is different then! That link takes you to the car you are having, so I'll check it out on my phone tomorrow. There is no 'build' option on the main website, just the 'configure' part.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LeachiE said:
Hmmm, Looks like the mobile site is different then! That link takes you to the car you are having, so I'll check it out on my phone tomorrow. There is no 'build' option on the main website, just the 'configure' part.
No, that is not my car. It just defaults the trim level to the Limited Edition. It does that to everybody I believe. Just change the trim level by clicking it and you will see the Sting R in the list. You are right though, the mobile site is slightly different to the main one. However from the main site you can get to this same page.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I finally realised that Sting R is only available as a 3 door, so that's why i couldn't find it as I need a 5 door! It also doesn't have air con or intellilink which I also want. I see it mentions memory function on front seats which would be good, but I presume they are only on 3 dr models.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, that clears up that confusion then. :)

I wouldn't read too much into the memory function, I think just relates to the release lever for the front seats to allow rear seat passengers in without losing your original reclined position. Just about every 3 door car I've been in over 30 years has has this mechanism including my Austin Metro!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.