Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I bought my corsa 1st July had it for a total of two weeks and then unfortunately i was rear ended (14th July) and the insurance company have had it since 15th July and they are saying it is not going to be ready till the 7th of September is this the usual amount of time for this to happen or are they just taking there time and is there anything in particular i should be looking out for when i do have it back?... see pictures for info

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car Tire

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Considering it's not a bump and that looks structural then yes that sounds about right.

Unsure about your other queries but insurance things are never quick.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It would seem the insurer are repairing it, so that will take a fair amount of time. If it was an older car that amount of damage would have easily been a write off.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That will take a lot of polishing out! ;) . It's bad it's taking so long to put it right but at least you walked away.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would of used a claims management company who give credit hire that way defo right off as i had this with corsa d same amount of damage car is never 100% again. Still not to late to use one as long as they have not started to repair.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I wouldn't be wanting the car back after that amount of damage, boot floor could be creased, and quarter panel folded up, yes they can fix stuff like that but as someone else said its never the same again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys

Thank you all for the replies, hopefully when I do get it back all will be fine but as it being my first accident I am inexperienced in dealing with the whole thing.

Hopefully though this will be the one occasion where it is the same as it was before aha

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Tonydeane said:
Hi guys

Thank you all for the replies, hopefully when I do get it back all will be fine but as it being my first accident I am inexperienced in dealing with the whole thing.

Hopefully though this will be the one occasion where it is the same as it was before aha
Well let's hope you don't become experienced in it :lol:

It's not really something you would know, it's something your insurer should tell you. You should ring them and see the cost of the damage just to get an idea as to why they decided to repair it - it's also worth getting a list of the complete repairs too, some insurers don't provide it easily.

·
Registered
961 Posts
At least you know if isnt being rushed so more likely to be a good repair job done on the car, also with the Corsa being so new the parts may be hard to come by, a couple of non mechanical bits my car has had on warranty have been on order with the factory due to how new the car is.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You need to chase it up, otherwise they'll prioritise other vehicles. I doubt they're taking their time with it, it's probably just sat there with nothing happening.

Ring your insurer and chase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So i have finally got my car back and the completely useless repairers have decided to put in a standard rear window instead of a tinted one :x someone is coming out on Monday to put it right and to my eyes they have also put in the wrong rear light as my drivers side has quite a dark smoke to it and the passenger side (which they repaired) only has a slight smoke to it, i don't know whether this could just be manufacturer differences or the repair people are completely incapable of putting it right :lol: unfortunately i only noticed the rear light after they had gone as it is only a slight difference but still different but i have sent them pictures and awaiting a reply, luckily they have given me seven days to spot anything that is wrong with the car :lol: here's hoping to that is all :|

Sorry for the essay guys ;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
it's why I'm considering Vauxhall Insurance with their Vx assured repair centres. unless anyone knows better.
If your car ever gets damaged just insist your insurer sends it to a Vauxhall authorised bodyshop, they can't force you to use one you don't want to anymore. However some Vauxhall approved ones are appalling anyway, I had an Astra repaired by one and the job was appalling. Infact almost all body repairs I've ever had done were absolutely atrocious, so for that reason and the ones above like the wrong lights and glass being fitted I'd either try to get my car written off or I'd have to get rid of it, a car is never 100% as good as factory once it's been body repaired.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
yes but with Aviva I have to pay another £200 to go elsewhere than their repairer.
I'm lucky at my time of life that premiums are around £300 a year.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
To be fair, most insurer approved repairers are actually really quite good - and you can insist that they only use genuine VX parts if you wanted.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
yes but with Aviva I have to pay another £200 to go elsewhere than their repairer.
I'm lucky at my time of life that premiums are around £300 a year.
What's the extra £200 for?

When someone rear ended my Clio the insurer wanted me to go to a local bodyshop (part of a chain of 4 or 5 in Scotland) who actually have a decent rep but I insisted on going to a Renault main dealer bodyshop, they said I'd have to pay my excess up front and claim it back, plus I couldn't go through an accident management company who pay the excess for you and give you a like for like car which I didn't care about as it was because the other insurer admitted liability quickly I didn't pay my excess and the repairer gave me a Fiat Panda which they charged my insurer for.

Your other option is to use Vauxhalls own accident management service, (you don't need to be insured with Vauxhall insurance to use it) I found a booklet about it earlier when tidying up my car stuff. It's got a phone number you call rather than contacting your insurer, Vauxhall accident management deal with your insurer on your behalf, organise your repairs with a Vauxhall approved place using only genuine parts and provide a courtesy car.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/servicing-and-repairs/accident-management.html

I actually work for a company who supply replacement vehicles on behalf of an accident management company and we hear all the time about second hand and non genuine parts but I can't say ice ever seen this happen, generally the bodyshops we deliver cars to for customers are getting deliveries of genuine new parts from main dealers trade parts vans all day long. Also we've found the independent bodyshops generally have a far superior standard of work to main dealers, bodyshop chains and big bodyshop groups.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts