Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tried the space saver on my 1.4 limited edition I got fits well although its a bit flat should have 60psi only got 15psi when fitted, the full jack kit works also centre removal tool total cost £47.50. this is only a temporary wheel, just to save me using that horrid gel stuff :D and fits in the boot with pump gel and a few other bits all under the carpet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it does look small but done some research and it seems all space savers come up small hopefully never have to use it if I do it would only be to get to the nearest tyre shop

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi Anthony, useful info, thank you.

I will go with a full size spare I think, same rim and tyre size as other tyres. I'm not too bothered by the extra weight.

Which jack is it (Corsa E?) and did you have any problems trying to find the sill locations with the side skirts in the way?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a vx jack kit Inc jack wheel brace towing eye and pouch,£10.00 and it clears the side skirts the jacking location is just behind the skirt a small half circle

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just found this info for the astra which lists the same size spacesaver I got.
I could not find any for the corsa

For Astra J 5-door hatchback, Sports Tourer and 4-door notchback with 1.4, 1.6, 1.4T and 1.3CDTi engines (J67 braking system):
PCD 5x105 (distance between neighbouring bolts is 61.7mm), centre bore 56.6mm
16" wheels: 6½J x 16 offset 39, tyre 205/60R16
17" wheels: 7J x 17 offset 42, tyre 215/50R17
18" wheels: 7½J x 18 offset 42, tyre 225/45R18
19" wheels: 8J x 19 offset 46, tyre 235/40R19
Space-saver spare: 4J x 16 offset ?? (BNX), tyre 115/70R16
Standard winter wheels are 6½Jx16 offset 39, tyre 205/60R16, other options possible.
Front brake discs: 276mm
Rear brake discs: 268mm

For Astra J 5-door hatchback, Sports Tourer and 4-door notchback with 1.6T, 1.6CDTi, 1.7CDTi and 2.0CDTi (inc Bi-Turbo) engines (J60 braking system):
PCD 5x115 (distance between neighbouring bolts is 67.6mm), centre bore 70.1mm
16" wheels: 6½J x 16 offset 41, tyre 215/60R16
17" wheels: 7J x 17 offset 44, tyre 225/50R17
18" wheels: 8J x 18 offset 46, tyre 235/45R18
19" wheels: 8J x 19 offset 46, tyre 235/40R19
Space-saver spare: 4J x 16 offset ?? (FTW), tyre 115/70R16
Standard winter wheels are 6½Jx16 offset 41, tyre 205/60R16, other options possible.
Front brake discs: 300mm
Rear brake discs: 292mm

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stevewolves said:
What happens to the tyre pressure monitoring systems when you change the wheel ?? do you get warning lights over the dash ??
I only fitted to make sure it cleared the calipers which it did so I didn't drive it or start it up,but I would imagine it would then it is only a temporary fix

·
Registered
961 Posts
I wonder if you can buy the polystyrene insert for the boot compartment on the right hand side for storing the tool kit in like you get on Corsa D's equipped with spare wheel. Would prefer this to the tool bag that comes in some Mk4 Astra's or even the polystyrene insert that goes under the spare wheel in tye well itself on Vectra Cs, Insignias and Astra Hs and Js as that looks more factory fit.

Vauxhall website configurator also lists as an option a space saver spare in lieu of the tyre inflation kit, £95 I think it is, unfortunately my car was already built or I'd have ordered it if only for the polystyrene kit with tools in it and the different boot carpet you get on Corsas with spares then all I'd have needed was the full spare instead of everything.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hendry said:
I wonder if you can buy the polystyrene insert for the boot compartment on the right hand side for storing the tool kit in like you get on Corsa D's equipped with spare wheel. Would prefer this to the tool bag that comes in some Mk4 Astra's or even the polystyrene insert that goes under the spare wheel in tye well itself on Vectra Cs, Insignias and Astra Hs and Js as that looks more factory fit.

Vauxhall website configurator also lists as an option a space saver spare in lieu of the tyre inflation kit, £95 I think it is, unfortunately my car was already built or I'd have ordered it if only for the polystyrene kit with tools in it and the different boot carpet you get on Corsas with spares then all I'd have needed was the full spare instead of everything.
I thought the spare wheel kit was over £200

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
hendry said:

I thought the spare wheel kit was over £200
Maybe to buy after buying the car and ordering from the parts department either as a complete kit or in separate parts but definitely as a factory option its £95.

Its a bit like how the electronic climate control is a £395 option from the factory but to go to a dealer and order all the parts you'd need to fit it afterwards yourself would probably cost 3 or 4 times that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.