Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vxr picked up Tuesday night. 18" wheels and carbon pack. Made up with it. Covered over 100 miles now. Feels lively not put foot fully down yet but very tempted.coming from a mokka I'm enjoying handling sitting lower down and the quite but noticeable rumble from exhaust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Nice car :)

I haven't seen a VXR yet on the stock 17" wheels, seems everybody went with the optional 18"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Nice car :)

I haven't seen a VXR yet on the stock 17" wheels, seems everybody went with the optional 18"?
Yes you have, it's called the LE ;) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
stepdavi said:
Haha :lol: does the LE have one of these?
;)
To be fair, it probably does - just slightly less power and just a different plastic cover. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Yes, I can confirm, my LE does indeed have an engine :mrgreen:

I actually prefer the LE wheels to the stock 17" VXR wheels, so I would have ordered the 18" wheels if I had gone ahead with a VXR.

When I tested a VXR the performance was not as good as I was hoping for considering its supposed power output, partly because it is a quite a heavy car really (1450Kg), certainly didn't give me the the 'pushed back in the seats', 'punched in the gut' feeling that my 240hp V8 Land Rover gave. I decided against the VXR and will be going with another V8 Land Rover instead I think. The VXR is a lovely car and if it had been available when I ordered my 1.4T LE I'd have got the VXR instead. However not sufficiently different to warrant swapping the LE for it now and not sufficiently different to run as a 2nd 'hobby' car. I may swap my LE for a VXR in 2 years at the end of the PCP by which time they may have brought out a higher power special edition (eg. berg) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Nice car :)

I haven't seen a VXR yet on the stock 17" wheels, seems everybody went with the optional 18"?
I was on the configurator the other night speccing a VXR and actually picked the 17" wheels, the issue is the performance pack (which IMO is a must if buying a VXR new) automatically specs the 18"s as well even if you have already chose 17s on the colour, interior trim and wheels page, for some reason the 17s can't be had with the PP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
hendry said:
mud4fun said:
Nice car :)

I haven't seen a VXR yet on the stock 17" wheels, seems everybody went with the optional 18"?
I was on the configurator the other night speccing a VXR and actually picked the 17" wheels, the issue is the performance pack (which IMO is a must if buying a VXR new) automatically specs the 18"s as well even if you have already chose 17s on the colour, interior trim and wheels page, for some reason the 17s can't be had with the PP.
I would have had the PP on mine, the reason you can't have the 17" wheels with it as the PP comes with larger diameter disks and bigger calipers and the won;t fit in a 17" wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove the performance pack car and it's probably perfect for track and driving balls out all time but the set up is far to stiff for normal driving on normal roads and the LSD (again perfect for track) bites even when lightly accelerating out of corners. Horses for courses I know but I prefered without. I had a 1.4t mokka (140 bhp ) and there's a massive difference in acceleration without even booting the vxr. But again each to there own I suppose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
stepdavi said:
I drove the performance pack car and it's probably perfect for track and driving balls out all time but the set up is far to stiff for normal driving on normal roads and the LSD (again perfect for track) bites even when lightly accelerating out of corners. Horses for courses I know but I prefered without. I had a 1.4t mokka (140 bhp ) and there's a massive difference in acceleration without even booting the vxr. But again each to there own I suppose.
Of course you'll feel a difference there.

That's like comparing a Shire Horse with a Stallion. The Mokka is a big, heavy car, and the 1.4T wouldn't have felt very gutsy in it. The Corsa 1.4T would probably feel like a huge difference in acceleration to the Mokka too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mokka 0-60 9.0 seconds
Corsa 1.4t 100 bhp 0-60 10.6 seconds
Corsa 1.4t 150 bhp 0-60 8.6 seconds
Not bad for a shire horse!!!!!
Good banta but serious question, has anyone looked into ordering passenger sun shade with vanity mirror?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Note that it's not BHP, rather HP or PS.

Quite surprised by that Mokka spec! Everyone I've spoke to that has one (the 1.4t) has said it feels sluggish as its so big.

Plus, people here (Mud?) have noted a 9.6 0-60 for the 100PS 1.4T, so the Corsa probably would feel much niftier compared to the Mokka.

Search the forums - plenty of threads about the vanity mirror passenger side, think there's even a part number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the info on the sun shade. You'd be suprised I may be wrong but I think the mokka and corsa are not massively different in size. I was massively surprised about how the mokka looks bigger than it is. Cheers again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
stepdavi said:
I drove the performance pack car and it's probably perfect for track and driving balls out all time but the set up is far to stiff for normal driving on normal roads and the LSD (again perfect for track) bites even when lightly accelerating out of corners. Horses for courses I know but I prefered without. I had a 1.4t mokka (140 bhp ) and there's a massive difference in acceleration without even booting the vxr. But again each to there own I suppose.
I understand where youre coming from but as Limey says, a 1.4T Corsa would likely feel massively different than a Mokka to drive as ones a faux SUV and the other is a sporty warm hatch. It's a bit like comparing a Bentley Continental GTC 6.0 to a Ferrari Enzo, both massive powerful engines and very quick, but one is a waft mobile and the other is a racing car.

The reason I'd have a PP on a VXR is A. I wouldn't buy a car like a VXR and not drive it like it was stolen, that's a the point of these cars to me B. I think a non PP VXR whilst still being a brilliant car would be too similar to a 1.4 T SRi VX-Line or LE. The PP would make it a totally different car from them, and that's what a performance model of any range should be, not just "quicker" than the mildy sporty models. Think of a Vauxhall Carlton GSi and a Lotus Carlton, they share the same body/chassis and some trim, that's about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
stepdavi said:
Cheers for the info on the sun shade. You'd be suprised I may be wrong but I think the mokka and corsa are not massively different in size. I was massively surprised about how the mokka looks bigger than it is. Cheers again.
Oh really? That would be interesting. I know when I've seen them they look like huge 4x4 style beasts. Are they more comparable to the likes of the Nissan Juke?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Plus, people here (Mud?) have noted a 9.6 0-60 for the 100PS 1.4T
Best was 9.2 I think Limey but was on vapours as the tank was empty ;-)

The hp is understated on the 1.4T Corsa, meant to be 98hp but it is actually 112hp on mine, several people who have had their cars on dynos have found similar. I suspect it is because VX were trying to shift the 1.0T 3 cylinder so understated the 1.4T power and 0-60 times. The official times are WAY over the actual times. Many people have found the same.

Mine is even quicker now as I've got the 'unlocked' fuelling restriction ;-) Will try the 0-60 again in the next week, should be a good 0.5 second faster now I can go to 6K instead of having to change up, it will save me a gear change on the 0-60 time.

My 1.4T 6 speed LE is a 3 door and only weighs 1150Kg, about 200Kg lighter than a VXR which negates a fair bit of the VXR's extra Hp. The difference in performance between a 3dr 1.4T and the VXR is not as significant as you'd think based on 'paper' stats. I have no idea how Vauxhall managed to get the VXR to weigh so much more than the 1.4T LE? I know the 1.6T is a heavier engine and the VXR gearbox is heavier but where is the rest? I guess the seats may weigh more especially in leather trimmed form.

Edit: Just looked up 1.4T Mokka kerb weights, bloody hell, even the Mokka weighs less than a VXR!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
Plus, people here (Mud?) have noted a 9.6 0-60 for the 100PS 1.4T
Best was 9.2 I think Limey but was on vapours as the tank was empty ;-)

The hp is understated on the 1.4T Corsa, meant to be 98hp but it is actually 112hp on mine, several people who have had their cars on dynos have found similar. I suspect it is because VX were trying to shift the 1.0T 3 cylinder so understated the 1.4T power and 0-60 times. The official times are WAY over the actual times. Many people have found the same.

Mine is even quicker now as I've got the 'unlocked' fuelling restriction ;-) Will try the 0-60 again in the next week, should be a good 0.5 second faster now I can go to 6K instead of having to change up, it will save me a gear change on the 0-60 time.

My 1.4T 6 speed LE is a 3 door and only weighs 1150Kg, about 200Kg lighter than a VXR which negates a fair bit of the VXR's extra Hp. The difference in performance between a 3dr 1.4T and the VXR is not as significant as you'd think based on 'paper' stats. I have no idea how Vauxhall managed to get the VXR to weigh so much more than the 1.4T LE? I know the 1.6T is a heavier engine and the VXR gearbox is heavier but where is the rest? I guess the seats may weigh more especially in leather trimmed form.
You keep telling yourself that matey!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
I'm not saying the 1.4T LE is as quick as a VXR.

I am saying that a PP equipped VXR costing £22K does not have £7k worth of extra performance over my £15K 1.4T LE.

For less than £600 I can get 160hp out of my 1.4T so the VXR is the £6K more for an extra 40hp, bigger brakes and nice wheels.

As I said, if I was choosing between a VXR and a 1.4T LE now I probably buy the VXR but it is not sufficiently different or significantly powerful enough to swap the LE for, especially if I have mine mapped. Too expensive in my opinion for what you get. £22K would be enough to build another 4.6ltr V8 Land Rover so no brainer really. :)
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top