Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up last night! Originally ordered an SRi but my dealer said they had a Limited Edition come available from the factory so i decided to go with that as i got it 6 weeks earlier than i would have than the SRi.

I had my first drive to work with her this morning and i'm very pleased with everything from the ride comfort to the MPG. My drive to work consists of dual carriage ways and mostly country lanes. It's 20 miles and i averaged 55 mpg which i think is fantastic! I spent more time looking at the live mpg than the road!

I'm also liking the fact i can talk on my phone hands free while commuting to work, always an added bonus!

Overall i'm super impressed with the car especially the 1.0T engine! I went from a 2.0 Civic Type R so it was a massive downgrade in performance.

Here are some snaps i took when i got her last night and this morning when i got.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a 20 mile trip to work consisting of dual carriage ways for about 5 miles (mostly 50mph) and then the rest is country lane driving. I'm taking it steady, only applying power when needed e.g. going up a hill. The country lanes I go down are mostly empty and travel a consistent 40-50mph, slowing down for sharp bends.

Stop/Start kicked in when I was sat at some traffic lights which is a nice touch!

My Type R uses 3 quarters of a tank in 2 to 3 round trips :O

Me and the girlfriend are off to Chesterfield (100 mile drive) for this bank holiday weekend so it'll be interesting to see how it does on the motorway.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It sounds perfect for the 1.0T :)

My commute is 99% motorway hence the reason I went for the 1.4T especially as so much of it is up and down hills. I drive from the humber bridge in north lincs down to Coventry and the M1 is surprisingly hilly especially the stretch from J29 Bolsover up to J32 for the M18 turn.

Your 1.0T will warm up faster though so will be better on short journeys. I was averaging 60'ish mpg on the flat sections of motorway but I only get about 40-42 on local short trips hence the low overall average.

Be aware though that the fuel computer may read slightly high, mine showed 51mpg for the tank when I filled up but actual mpg was 48 when working out the litres used brim to brim by miles driven. My actual mpg is recorded on fuelly.com hence the little badge in my sig.

Have a lovely Easter weekend away! :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Looks amazing however why is it showing just 19.5 miles? Did you reset the trip while driving part way through a fillup? You've only got a 1/3 tank left after 134 miles which doesn't tally with the mpg reading. I generally reset the trip when I fillup and I always brim the tank. That way I can work out more accurate figures from brim to brim. I suspect you will introduce greater innacuracy by resetting and then running over a short trip distance.

Looks to be superb mpg though :)

How are you finding the sport suspension? you had some concerns originally for your commute on country roads. I think the sports suspension is fantastic and it is not really that hard and uncomortable like some cars. I find it quite supple and think the comfort chassis is too soft and wallowy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.