Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It hasn't stopped raining for long over the last few days...so I thought i'd get a few pictures of my new car whilst the rain was off for a few mins and before it got too dark. The interior upholstery is a lot darker than it looks in the picture. Absolutely loving her so far :) Considering a silver interior forum sticker...thoughts anyone :) ??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Lovely! Looks just like mine except it's a slightly darker colour! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx :) I almost went for shiny rock...my reasoning for picking Asteroid Grey...I haven't had a car with pearlescent paintwork before so thought i'd try it out :x Not sure if you noticed that my car is missing the 'energy' detailing below the side indicators...Trimline are coming out on Wednesday to rectify that...I spotted it on your car and someone elses's too so thanks for that :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Strange that it wasn't on yurs! The Excites never had badges. The one on the driver's side of mien isn't quite square, but not enough to get them to remove it and try again, lol! My Ibiza had the 'i' of tsi wonky when I picked her up and the chap from the workshop came out and fixed it back on properly straight away. I didn't go for asteroid as it looks too brown in certain light and my bro has a brown BMW so didn't want the same sort of colour. I wanted the lovely Persian blue bu hubby put his foot down as it wasn't the right team colour! :roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I knew the Excite's didn't have side badges or the engine size/trim badge on back. Typical big manufacturer for you. The persian blue is a great colour as well...really catches the eye. I'm really enjoying driving her...i'm even enjoying the intellilink system...although I have read that the Bringo App isn't great + that most people are just using Google Maps via USB or bluetooth :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah, I also quite like the Intellilink too - it really looks the part. I haven't bothered to hook my phone up to it yet and won't need BringGo as I have a Garmin sat nav anyway. I used to have a Corsa D 58 plate before the Ibiza and remember back then that the trims and colours were changed often. Just after I got the D they started selling the LE as a lot of people were having black vinyl on the door mirrors and roof along with spraying the wheels black. Hence my choice of white for the Ibiza!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed...it definitely looks good and for a stock feature from the Design up I also think it sounds good...obviously not as good as higher end one's like Alpine etc but i'm more than happy with it :) I 'm thinking of getting a new stand alone sat nav too...will see how I get on using Google maps first of all. Have you tried to see if the Energy has the lane-change function on the indicators...I haven't as yet ?? :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes it does! Push up or down lightly for 3 flashes or push past resistance to turn indicators on. The thing I am not enjoying is the auto wipers. They seem pointless to me. Loving the auto lights though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent...so glad they do have that feature...thanks :) I was actually questioning the effectiveness of my wipers today...until I adjusted them to max speed in heavy rain...they then came on at full function + not just intermittently...much better...give that a try to see if it improves at all :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah I tried that the other day and they did eventually start to wipe continuously. Just seem a bit pointless to me, lol! At least they don't do what the Ibiza did (that I've noticed). The wipers could be on continuous yet when you stopped at a junction they reverted to intermittent! Something that I found dangerous as you really need to see at junctions, not be given less visibility! I don't miss those wipers one bit, lol!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
KerGee said:
Yeah I knew the Excite's didn't have side badges or the engine size/trim badge on back. Typical big manufacturer for you (i'm an ex warranty manager with VX for my sins...lols) :D The persian blue is a great colour as well...really catches the eye. I'm really enjoying driving her...i'm even enjoying the intellilink system...although I have read that the Bringo App isn't great + that most people are just using Google Maps via USB or bluetooth :)
Excites, along with every other eligible model has badges on the back - it's to do with the engine, not the trim - I.e. 'Turbo', 'Ecoflex' and now '1.4'.

And yes, the BringGo system is awful - shame really!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts