Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had 9 new Vauxhalls delivered to us at work on Friday, 3 of which were new MY16 Corsas, now we all know the majority of changes that are listed to have been made but after checking them over thoroughly, ive picked up on a few things:

First off, all are 1.4 5 door models, an SE, an SRi and an SRI VX-Line. i noticed each and every one now has a 1.4 badge on the tailgate on the opposite side to the Corsa badge which my MY15 doesnt have. the SRI model now has silver alloys, same style as mine but obviously not gloss black, i believe the 3 door SRI still has black wheels, so it is very odd why the 3 and 5 door versions of the same spec/trim have something so clearly different. the new SRI and SRI VX-Line lace cloth seat trim seems much harder wearing than the thin feeling network moonray trim in my car, not sure which i prefer tbh, the network moonray is definitiely a bit more gaudy though. this is SRI and VX-Line specific: they appear to no longer have the ambient lights in the front door pockets and lighting up the USB socket/front cupholder area, they now only have the one under the rear view mirror, but the feature hasnt been removed completely as the SE still has it fitted. The other difference applies to all SRI, VX-Line and SE models but doesnt affect LE, Excite, Sting, Energy models, on my SRI and any other MY15 SRI and SE ive driven the gearknob feels more leather than plastic and has a stitch on the front from the insert with the gear positions to about halfway down, whereas the LEs and so on ive driven all have hard plastic gear knobs, now it seems the SRI and SE are now being fitted with the completely plastic gearknob like all other specs. Final one so far, on the MFTC they appear to have a timer/stopwatch screen which has been listed as a feature of the MFTC since the E was launched but my car doesnt have it, on that display ive got digital speed, trip/average speed/mpg 1, trip/average speed/mpg 2, and instantaneous consumption/fuel range screens, so 4 screens to scroll through, the new cars have a fifth which says timer and shows 00:00:00 until you hit the button to start the timer.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
With regard to SRI wheels the defaults are as you pointed out but 3dr can have silver and 5dr can have black as no cost option.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think SRi 5dr always had silver wheels as default - its the old 'if you want a 5 door, then you obviously don't want to be cool' train of thought I guess.

As Leachie said though, they remain as an option.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hendry said:
We had 9 new Vauxhalls delivered to us at work on Friday, 3 of which were new MY16 Corsas, now we all know the majority of changes that are listed to have been made but after checking them over thoroughly, ive picked up on a few things:

First off, all are 1.4 5 door models, an SE, an SRi and an SRI VX-Line. i noticed each and every one now has a 1.4 badge on the tailgate on the opposite side to the Corsa badge which my MY15 doesnt have. the SRI model now has silver alloys, same style as mine but obviously not gloss black, i believe the 3 door SRI still has black wheels, so it is very odd why the 3 and 5 door versions of the same spec/trim have something so clearly different. the new SRI and SRI VX-Line lace cloth seat trim seems much harder wearing than the thin feeling network moonray trim in my car, not sure which i prefer tbh, the network moonray is definitiely a bit more gaudy though. this is SRI and VX-Line specific: they appear to no longer have the ambient lights in the front door pockets and lighting up the USB socket/front cupholder area, they now only have the one under the rear view mirror, but the feature hasnt been removed completely as the SE still has it fitted. The other difference applies to all SRI, VX-Line and SE models but doesnt affect LE, Excite, Sting, Energy models, on my SRI and any other MY15 SRI and SE ive driven the gearknob feels more leather than plastic and has a stitch on the front from the insert with the gear positions to about halfway down, whereas the LEs and so on ive driven all have hard plastic gear knobs, now it seems the SRI and SE are now being fitted with the completely plastic gearknob like all other specs. Final one so far, on the MFTC they appear to have a timer/stopwatch screen which has been listed as a feature of the MFTC since the E was launched but my car doesnt have it, on that display ive got digital speed, trip/average speed/mpg 1, trip/average speed/mpg 2, and instantaneous consumption/fuel range screens, so 4 screens to scroll through, the new cars have a fifth which says timer and shows 00:00:00 until you hit the button to start the timer.
The 1.4 is on all models - I posted it as mine has it and I still don't have a vanity mirror??

Also got the timer - not like I would have any use for it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matthew said:
hendry said:

The 1.4 is on all models - I posted it as mine has it and I still don't have a vanity mirror??

The 1.4 badge is only on MY2016 models (unless that's what you meant?)

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Matthew said:
hendry said:

The 1.4 badge is only on MY2016 models (unless that's what you meant?)
That's what I meant, you only get no badge or TURBO on the MY15

1 - 8 of 8 Posts