Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am joining the forum as I have just purchased a New Corsa SE, 1.4i, 5 door Automatic with an expected delivery date of end
April 2015.

Have owned 3 Corsa (D) SE 1.4i, 5 door Automatics since 2009 and had have been very satisfied with performance and reliability so hoping the
New Corsa (E) will live up to my expectations.

Finding information on the Adam Forum Site very useful prior to my delivery especially as to regards the installed Infotainment Centre and
Bringo Satnav via iPhone connection. I currently have a Tom Tom Go500 and will be interested in discovering the differences of an installed
monitor verses the Tom Tom.

Looking forward to receiving my new purchase.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob, great news my New Corsa SE arriving on Tuesday so well chuffed with that and a bit surprised they found one so early.

Derek

·
Registered
55 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
Hi guys, I am joining the forum as I have just purchased a New Corsa SE, 1.4i, 5 door Automatic with an expected delivery date of end
April 2015.

Have owned 3 Corsa (D) SE 1.4i, 5 door Automatics since 2009 and had have been very satisfied with performance and reliability so hoping the
New Corsa (E) will live up to my expectations.

Finding information on the Adam Forum Site very useful prior to my delivery especially as to regards the installed Infotainment Centre and
Bringo Satnav via iPhone connection. I currently have a Tom Tom Go500 and will be interested in discovering the differences of an installed
monitor verses the Tom Tom.

Looking forward to receiving my new purchase.
Congrats. I would like any feedback on the bringgo sat nat from smartphone. I dont have a smartphone at the moment but would appreciate as much info I can get ready for delivery of my Corsa in late March early April. I cant find any info on the web regards which smartphone is best etc. Hope to hear soon from anyone Regards

Carl

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Carl, have a look on the Vauxhall Adam Forum Site as loads of experienced info on there until we have our own site populated. I have initial concerns as to how much iPhone memory would be used for the Bringgo Sat Nav Maps ? so may stick with my Tom Tom Go500 initially and see how I progress from there. My Corsa late April delivery has now been bought forward to early next week? so really chuffed with that news.

Derek

·
Registered
501 Posts
the app is 89p from the store so I might buy it tonight if I go for a drive. if you need help with a smartphone just pm me and ill be happy to help. for me I have a sony xperia z3 as I love my camera's and recording and my partner has a HTC M8. I duno if you've read or seen but you connect your phone via Bluetooth and then load the sat nav on the car and it use's its data. from what ive read its meant to be very good but not as good as the bigger cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
liverpaul said:
the app is 89p from the store so I might buy it tonight if I go for a drive. if you need help with a smartphone just pm me and ill be happy to help. for me I have a sony xperia z3 as I love my camera's and recording and my partner has a HTC M8. I duno if you've read or seen but you connect your phone via Bluetooth and then load the sat nav on the car and it use's its data. from what ive read its meant to be very good but not as good as the bigger cars.
Thanks Liverpaul. I just want to make sure I have the correct smartphone to use with the NEW Corsa I am getting soon, the bringgo pdf for smartphone has very few choices and would like some assistance to make the correct choice.

Regards again Carl :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I would also be interested in feedback as I have a Nokia Lumia 925 windows phone but vauxhalls literature only mentions iPhone and Android. I love my 925 so would be sad if it didn't work however the Nokia has the fantastic here+ sat nav app so I would continue to use that.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi Liverpaul, as long as I can get hands free working I'll be happy enough. My phones sat nav is better than the bringgo one from what I've read so I will continue to use that. My wife has a Nokia 520 windows phone so she is also curious if it will work for basic calling functions. I assume the photo/video viewing will work OK via the USB?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I think mobile technology is moving too quickly for car manufacturers to keep up. I was reading on the Adam owners site about the bringo app. It seems to get mixed reviews but since I've got a Garmin already I'll be happy to just use that if I need to.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rob, got to agree with you as to comments on the Adam Owners Site but will be giving the Bringgo a go once I get my new car shortly. I already have the Basic Bringgo App running on my iPhone & have a few routes loaded ready to try out with the Infotainment Centre & will let you know how I get on. I suspect I may get problems as I have a couple of very active Apps running on my iPhone5s namely "Words for Friends" WhatsApp etc will see if these cause any signal dropouts etc. Have a Tom Tom GO500 if all fails anyway. Next few days are going to be very interesting.

Derek

·
Registered
18 Posts
liverpaul said:
Hi, Remember the Bring Go App is 89p for the trial which lasts 1 month then if you want the full version it is about £40-£50

Cheers
Russell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.