Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has just bought a new corsa limited edition and we have discovered that there isn't a cd player in this model!! We aren't as up to date as some people and don't have ipods/music on our iphones but just a traditional CD.

Is there a way to get a CD player in these limited editions? Some kind of retro fitted option maybe? Or an adaptor?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I mostly listen to radio these days so not too bothered by lack of CD player but equally I don't store much music on my phone either. Also being a windows phone I'm not yet sure how mine will work with the intellilink so would have been nice to have a built in a CD player too.

I'm not sure if any of the personal Sony walkman style CD players have USB on them? That would work well as you could remove it when not in use?

G

·
I think a portable CD player will have an aux lead that should work with the intellilink, as for the windows phone that should play music through the usb and you might be lucky and get the phone charged at the same time, I plugged my android into the usb to charge it whilst trying BringGo and it automatically started playing music files from it and that was annoying as they are only the demo music files on the htc one m8

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know it doesn't help, but i can confirm that using the USB with my phone bots works as a Ipod, and charges at the same time. (Iphone 5).

I was a little bothered at first that it didn't come with a CD Player.

G

·
I thought I would miss a CD player until the Mrs pointed out that in the 2 years I had my Black Edition I used the cd once :roll:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Slightly off topic but does the DAB radio work OK? I had one in a previous car a few years ago and it kept dropping reception and going silent for long periods. I generally stick Radio 2 on for my 120 mile commute and ended up switching back to analog radio to maintain signal over the whole journey.

G

·
All depends on the area you are in, I think the dab network is still being expanded, where I live thee are a lot of military installations that interfere with DAB a lot (prob same for you in Lincs). Mind you DAB is better in the E than the one VX fitted in my BE.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You could buy a double DIN Fascia off eBay and then install any double or single DIN CD player of your choice. You will loose all IntelliLink functionality though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts