Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just noticed that on the new Corsa speedo no 30mph or 50mph just a very small dot how do you guys and girls keep to the 30 or 50 mph speed please.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just get used to it, was hard to begin with but you just get a feel for it. Also use cruise control on open stretches!

:)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The excite does not have the digital speedo.

If you're not able to tell where 30 or 50 is judging by where 20/40/60 are then, well.... Maybe you shouldn't be on the road.. :lol:

But as Jamie said, you get used to the dashes very quickly.

Once you get used to a car you generally won't use the speedo as you'll know how the car feels at certain speeds - especially on familiar roads.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well just drive with the needle between 20/40 or 40/50. It's not that difficult aha. I do use the digital display too, including cruise control and sometimes the speed limiter.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
To be fair I also find the lack of clear indications of 30 & 50 to be annoying as they are very common UK speed limits. As I've been done for speeding 3 times for doing just 33mph in a 30 limit I know you don't need to be much over that 30. Made worse in the 1.4T due to lack of ideal gear at 30mph which means in 4th car wants to go faster than 30 but 3rd seems too low (and change indicator keeps flashing to change up!)

I also find the lack of clear indications on the rev counter equally annoying because I tend to look at that more than I do the speedo.

I use cruise control in the SPECS limits on the motorway and use the digital speedo around town.

Idiot clearly thought dark grey markings on a black background was a good idea.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
After much research I had decided on SRi so it would have the digital speedo, but on test driving I found the seats uncomfortable. I drove an Excite straight after and really didn't miss the digital speedo, even got safely past a speed camera in a 30 limit in the 1.4T without the digital speedo on. You get used to it very quickly.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have to say I've not got used to the markings on the speedo after nearly 4 months because I just never use it, the digital speedo makes it obsolete.

The digital speedo is a bit dangerous for me though because I'm a big kid and sometimes I try to see how quickly I can make the numbers on the digital speedo go up lol

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm not used to mine after 7K miles. It is not really a case of getting used to them anyway, they are simply impossible to clearly read while driving in many different light conditions due to poor colour choice with very little contrast and no clear graduations for every 10mph. The smiths speedo on my 1960 Land Rover is far superior. On such a critical and important gauge you should not need to get used to it or have to use other gauges to see how fast you are going. Bad design IMHO

·
Registered
961 Posts
Most new Vauxhall speedo gauges are the same, its not just the Corsa, although the prefacelift Insignia at least had a decent wee idea to help see it better, the tip of the speedo gauge needle had a little red light in the tip of it which projected a red dot onto the dial face at whatever speed you were doing to make it easier to see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts