Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been told that some new Vauxhall's are being targeted for certain parts, but not sure what parts or what model, has anybody read anything about this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just looked it up as I had never heard of this before. :shock:

Scarily the some articles are written as short as 5 days ago! Most seem to be around the Bedfordshire area it seems.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, the older version Corsa C & Corsa D's were being targeted - not sure about the Corsa E, however I'm hoping not. It tends to be more around Northampton and areas around the Vauxhall factory.

They appear to be taking the complete front end off most of these cars, i.e. the bumper, bonnet, grill, headlights and leaving nothing but metal and the engine. On odd occasion some peoples wheels, doors were being taken. Anything that is commonly damaged in an accident, it's happened to over 500 people supposedly but they haven't caught who's done it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's awful! Hope they catch whoever is doing it. Would be gutting to wake up and find half your car gone. Respect for others and their property is severely lacking these days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Imagine waiting 12 weeks for a brand new Corsa E you ordered and counting down the weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds before you finally get it... Then imagine waking up the next day to find that some bellend has literally walked off with half of it D:

It's quite hilarious :D But also quite sad :(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd be totally gutted! Cars aren't cheap - I hate anyone getting near mine. I had my current car for less than two weeks and some prat opened their door onto mine and left paint and a small dent on it. Had it happen more to this car than any other I've owned (3 separate damages by others who have not left details), and I've owned plenty over the years! Never choosing white paint again either.

·
Registered
895 Posts
LeachiE said:
I'd be totally gutted! Cars aren't cheap - I hate anyone getting near mine. I had my current car for less than two weeks and some prat opened their door onto mine and left paint and a small dent on it. Had it happen more to this car than any other I've owned (3 separate damages by others who have not left details), and I've owned plenty over the years! Never choosing white paint again either.
Know that feeling LeachiE, mine got door chipped in 2nd week & Silver is also a nightmare for touching up Ugh.

·
Registered
455 Posts
LeachiE said:
Oh god don't say that I've ordered mine I. White, didn't reay think about that. I park my car during the day in 3rd party premises but I'll make sure a camera is always facing my car when I do, or I'll park it far away from everyone else whenever possible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The thing is some of the new corsa E don't come with an alarm
So most people will know that and will see that as a target
I'm getting a high quality alarm fitted to my corsa and would recommend others do the same

·
Registered
455 Posts
Fsamp said:
I'm getting a high quality alarm fitted to my corsa and would recommend others do the same
I thought it was a requirement to have at least a Thatcham 2 device if not Thatcham 1 on new cars so how are they coming without an alarm?

·
Registered
26 Posts
LeachiE said:
True. I'll have to get used to looking after my new Corsa. I've only ever driven tatty old cars until now. So I've been used to opening the door and not caring if it chips a wall or lampost :p

Taking extra care now!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Matthew said:
Fsamp said:
So did I but my corsa e limited edition only came with deadlocks and immobiliser no alarm
I thought it was a requirement to have at least a Thatcham 2 device if not Thatcham 1 on new cars so how are they coming without an alarm?

·
Registered
961 Posts
This has been happening forward while, at least a year ago some of my works branches in the Midlands area with large amounts of Vauxhall on fleet were broken into and bumpers and so on stolen off a few Astra and Corsas.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, it happens with many makes and models. Land Rover defenders are nearly at the top of most stolen vehicles and are also targeted for theft of bonnets, doors etc.

Ebay plays a part here as it allows the thieves to sell stolen parts far more easily than in the past and to a much wider audience. Does anybody actually check the source of the second hand parts they buy? I sincerely doubt it on parts ordered via ebay!

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes, it happens with many makes and models. Land Rover defenders are nearly at the top of most stolen vehicles and are also targeted for theft of bonnets, doors etc.

Ebay plays a part here as it allows the thieves to sell stolen parts far more easily than in the past and to a much wider audience. Does anybody actually check the source of the second hand parts they buy? I sincerely doubt it on parts ordered via ebay!
I only buy brand new genuine parts from dealers on eBay but thats more to do with ensuring they are undamaged than the whereabouts of their sourcing, ive seen new parts being sold by private sellers before and avoided simply because I was weary they'd be damaged or broken an I'd have no comeback but if I could guarantee they were damage free I'd buy them and not care where they came from/if they were knock off providing I didn't get them taken off me or get into trouble with the law.

Ive seen a few stories of high value high performance stuff nicked and stripped for parts and put on eBay and it has been discovered due to it being sought after or rare stuff and being marked with those pens that only shows up under Uv light or via/chassis or reg numbers stamped onto them.

The oddest was Audi RS4s broken into for their front seats and nothing else because Audi no longer sell them and as such second hand legit ones being so dear to buy.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah, I've etched a code into hundreds of parts of my Land Rover. As it has been stripped down to nothing for a complete chassis up rebuild I took the opportunity of etching the parts. Even took the alternator, heater motor etc apart and have etched internal parts as well as putting DNA dye on them. I have also polished and colour coded many of the more desirable parts. So if vehicle gets stolen and stripped I can recognise a part on ebay I can get the police to check the parts.

Every new car should be DNA coded and the status of ownership of that DNA coded vehicle should be available online using something similar to DVLA vehicle check. We could then all check parts against the database, find the item is off a stolen car (or is itself stolen) and report it to police. All the technology exists to do this. I guess it comes down to cost and management of the system. As the DNA would be bound to a specific DVLA vehicle the ownership would automatically update when the vehicle was sold or scrapped.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been some new cars nicked electronically in the Larkhall area past few week apparently. They've got some gadget that they can pop the doors and bypass the immobiliser on cars like new Mercs Audis and BMW also sone fords and new vauxhalls. :roll: starting the car from the gadget,mate said you can buy this said gadget off the net from other EU countries. :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts