Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out to Glasgow city centre today on the train and left the car at home as parking is a nightmare, came home (back staying with my folks at the moment) and they asked me if I'd go and get them an Indian for dinner, me and the missus jumped in the car and drove up, parked outside the shop where there's a railing at the kerb of the pavement, missus opened her door a bit too wide and clipped the railing, luckily no major damage like a dent, scuff or scratch but 2 tiny chips out the paint on the edge of the front passenger door :cry: I know this is nothing and there will probably be worse damage to come but as its the first bit of damage on the car I'm gutted, not sure whether to just touch it in or to get it fixed properly but deffo ordering some door edge protectors even if they look naff.

Bloody women, they are never anywhere as careful with cars as we are!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Oh no, sorry to hear that Hendry. :-(

If it makes you feel any better I think I have you beat. On the very day I got Dafny home from the dealer one of my daughters opened the passenger door before I had a chance to stop her and it swung wide open (and you know how big the doors are on these 3 door Corsa's) and slammed right into my wifes Land Rover. Thankfully not much damage to either vehicle other than a tiny paint chip on the door edge and a tiny dent in my wifes Land Rover door. However as the Land Rover is full of dents that doesn't really matter. I never normally allow the kids to open the doors as I know how upsetting it is to find parking dents myself but on our own drive they are allowed, sadly they were used to much shorter doors on our 4 door pickup truck....

·
Registered
895 Posts
Know that feeling very well, I got a post on here about my paint chip in passenger door that someone had left me. Used touch up from dealer " Only £7.50 " so that will do for now as sure will get more. My Daughters New Mini got a large gash where someone has reversed into her. Does not solve your issue but at least you know your not alone. Really disappointing for you though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I got a nice 2m roll of door edging from eBay quite cheap cut to size and comes in different colours I got red can hardly see it.have a looked my photo. not sure if it comes in green Ian :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
not sure if it comes in green Ian :lol:
:lol: :lol:

On that subject not only do I need to send the V5 back (which states green not yellow) but I found that the dealer had put the wrong colour name in the PDI section of the service record!! :cry:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Ian, I wonder how many other administration errors we are going to hear about. I'm still waiting a written reply to my issues from VX Assistance.

Best of luck.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi Derek, at least they are just documentation issues. I have no fault with the car yet other than it is more powerful than it should be! ;-)

The V5 issue is simply because DVLA have mistaken the colour name of my car to be green not yellow. Can't blame them really.

The service book error is odd though as the colour they have written down doesn't exist as a Vauxhall colour, it is a Ford colour from the 80's I think.

Ian

·
Registered
74 Posts
I noticed a stone chip on mine yesterday, only small so should be easy to fix. Has anybody ever used the chip repair from halfords? You get a primer and a colour match paint with it.

Has anybody else noticed with the doors that when you open them, there's only 2 stages at which it stops. 1. Barely open, 2. Fully wide open.
There's no inbetween, I constantly have to stop it swinging open and hitting other people's cars!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VX-Dan said:
I noticed a stone chip on mine yesterday, only small so should be easy to fix. Has anybody ever used the chip repair from halfords? You get a primer and a colour match paint with it.

Has anybody else noticed with the doors that when you open them, there's only 2 stages at which it stops. 1. Barely open, 2. Fully wide open.
There's no inbetween, I constantly have to stop it swinging open and hitting other people's cars!
Probably better off with the genuine Vauxhall touch up kit from the dealers, paint and lacquer, probably be a better match than Halfords stuff and the same price/cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.