Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
mud4fun said:
Nice, can't see them doing one to match limelight yellow though....
Nor lime green...

Do they even do 6 speed ones?
As the ones in the links are carried over from the Adam or are actually Adam parts (Corsa items are the same but just not available yet listed for the E because of how new it is) they will just be 5 speed because the Adam was only originally available with n/a 1.2/1.4 engines with 5 speed boxes, however now there are Adams like the Grand Slam with 6 speed 1.4 Ts released I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before the 6 speed ones are released which will fit the Corsa too. I believe the 5 speed ones will probably fit a 6 speed in any case as the knob and gaiter simply slide/sleeve over the lever with 3/4 prongs and theres a circular knuckle which slides down over the prongs to hold the year lever in place and theres a hook that hooks onto the clip on the lever for the lift up reverse, its so much more simple to fit one on a modern Vauxhall than the old way where the gearknob was bonded to the lever and had to be twisted or pulled off with mole grips or sawn off, but yeah the 5 speed ones will probably fit, only difference is you'd need an insert showing 6 gears instead of 5 for the 6 speed box, but I think these can be bought separately, certainly used to anyway.

The gearlever to have for the Corsa is the VXR style one minus VXR branding like fitted to the Sting R.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Should be easy enough, by the looks of it, its just a cover which is held on by double-sided tape and possibly also clips on.
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/39001397.pdf

The part you listed is from an Adam, and while they look very similar they are not identical, the part nos are also different, for the Corsa E the pn should read 39001397
Not listed on the Vauxhall's accessories, but listed on Opel's...not seen it anywhere for sale tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.