Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Today, I phoned the dealer for an update and was told the car is scheduled to be built on 5th October with delivery by 2nd November. He said that it would probably be a bit before that as they like to get cars out before the end of the month when delivery is scheduled for so early in the next month. Also he read out the list of possible number plates and we chose one from the list! :D It's getting closer now! :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
I didn't get to chose a plate, yet again it should be here within "the week" so I wonder what it'll be.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Noticed on Tracker that my car is built and going through final Quality checks. That was completed on the 15th September. Nothing happened since then, Waiting for final tick to say its on its way. (SRi VXline 1.0 Turbo 5 door)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Del1954 said:
Noticed on Tracker that my car is built and going through final Quality checks. That was completed on the 15th September. Nothing happened since then, Waiting for final tick to say its on its way. (SRi VXline 1.0 Turbo 5 door)
mine was built on 16th expected week of 9th but dealer "hopeful for this month."waiting for reg but no choice. Vx know how to keep us excited I guess. Stops us phoning anyway.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't think I've ever chosen a specific plate. It makes naming the vehicle more challenging as we have to work with what we are given. It took ages to get Dafny from her reg plate :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have my own plate on retention, I just want to keep the 65 plate for a while (MU56 DEL) Looks like a few of us are expecting a new car in the coming weeks. Look forward to seeing some pics...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Del1954 said:
I have my own plate on retention, I just want to keep the 65 plate for a while (MU56 DEL) Looks like a few of us are expecting a new car in the coming weeks. Look forward to seeing some pics...
I made the mistake of registering this current Corsa D on personal plate from new, but some VX systems keep hold of it even when the plate goes onto retention. Best plan is what you have done - register on the standard plate, then - once all the neighbours have seen it :cool: - transfer to the personal plate. I'm done with them now though, too slow and unless you plan to keep for many years, too much hassle changing the number with Dealer, Warranty dept, My Vauxhall website, OnStar, London Congestion Charge, Insurance, Roadside Recovery ... then chasing up when they haven't done it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I didn't get too choose my plate either, I did ask if I could choose and the salesman said no itd be too difficult if they let everyone choose what they wanted on their plate, to which I replied I meant I was under the impression they get allocated a batch of regs and can ask the customer to choose which one they want because I'd spoken to guys at work whove had brand new cars and were given a choice of 4 or 5 different regs they could have, but apparently they doesn't happen now the DVLA just give the dealer a reg and that's it.

I've considered a private plate but I'm a bit daunted by the hassle of it, transferring it onto the car, changing the reg on the insurance, tax, with Vauxhall and warranty and with finance company etc and knowing when to swap the physical number plates over from the original reg to the private plate without driving a car on the wrong plates at any point.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer had a list of 20 or so! I had a Focus once that was preowned but it just happened to have the initials of all 4 members of my family. I loved that one! Even the two numbers had significance to mine and hubby's birth years.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
My dealer had a list of 20 or so! I had a Focus once that was preowned but it just happened to have the initials of all 4 members of my family. I loved that one! Even the two numbers had significance to mine and hubby's birth years.
You shouldve transferred that to your subsequent cars, a free private plate. I only found out recently you can do this, if for some reason the reg your car ends up with from new takes your fancy you can transfer it off that car when you get rid of itz its assigned a new age related reg plate and you can then put the original reg on another car. I wish I knew back when I had my first car and I'd have took its reg off and put in on all the cars I had subsequently.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I wasn't aware that you could transfer standard plates across? Only plates you've paid to be created?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
For £15 you can change your name by deed poll to match your reg plate - cheaper than finding a plate to match your name. :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't know what's stranger - not having the car but knowing everything about it or this whole Onstar thing haha

It's already driven 14 miles apparently haha

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jarviser said:
I now have a number plate. no choice.
not in the system yet (says "that is not a Vauxhall"!)
So, she's arrive at the dealers then! :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
Mines took weeks after the car was registered and id actually picked it up before the reg checked out on car data check websites who got their data from the DVLA database rather than come up not found, and even longer again before it recognised my reg and car on the MyVauxhall app.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LeachiE said:
Jarviser said:
So, she's arrive at the dealers then! :D
on a truck I think. interestingly I had to agree to a Sept reg because the part ex price was "assuming Sept delivery". (Like that was my fault it was late). Still it only cost a month's tax (£11) and I suppose it boosted their Sept registration score.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts