Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of mornings I've noticed my number plate lights are still on after I've turned everything off and removed the key...yet another trip to vx looms!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you left your head lights in the on position or have your side lights in the on position this could be your problem

·
Registered
454 Posts
My number plate lights come on for a couple of mins after I unlock the car. This is handy at the rear when I put things in the boot while it's still dark

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Your number plate lights stay on for a bit after you lock the car. Pretty sure it's up to 30 seconds or so.

Are you saying that they never go off? If they do, it's normal - most new cars do it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As soon as I seen they were still on I opened the car and switched the lights back on then off and the number plate lights stayed off...when I leave work later I'll put the lights and see if they go off on there own when I leave it standing on the drive

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I wonder if its different for those without Auto Lights? I have Auto Lights and my number plate lights stay on for a little after I lock the car.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't have auto lights but my number plates still light up for a while after locking up!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I don't have auto lights but my number plates still light up for a while after locking up!
Thought as much.

So it is just a normal function.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts