Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the more technically qualified of you can help me here, I am not certain its a fault as such but I ALWAYS have my radio on DAB rather than FM/AM and generally listen to Absolute 80s, anyway several times now I've had my iPod connected via USB driving to work in the morning, left it connected while the car sat in the car park all day, got back in and listened to it all the way home however when I unplug the USB end of the cable from the cars USB socket so I can store it and the iPod away overnight the Intellilink automatically changes source from USB to radio which is fine, however it doesn't go back to Absolute 80s on DAB, it puts the radio to FM rather than the DAB when the USB is disconnected,surely it should go back to the radio frequency and station which was on when the USB was connected?

To further reinforce this theory, ive tested, I plugged my iPod in via USB when the radio was on Absolute 80s on DAB, listened to one song on my iPod so 4 minutes, unplugged it and the radio DID automatically go back to Absolute 80s on DAB, tries this several different times, same result, so it only seems to be if something is connected via USB for quite a while that it will go to FM rather than DAB by itself when USB is disconnected, surely this shouldnt happen? I'm getting a bit fed up disconnecting my iPod and having to reselect the frequency and station I was last listening to. Is this a fault or something I'm doing wrong (maybe disconnecting the USB after a long period of time without turning radio off first or without turning ignition off first) or is it a settings issue?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mine does this in areas where DAB reception is poor. I also got P'd off with it. There are some parts of Lincolnshire (near the air bases) where not only does the DAB not work properly but even my phones sat nav goes bonkers. The stupid intellilink will sit there swapping from DAB to FM and back again constantly and not allowing me listen to the radio at all. Have you tried leaving the cable plugged in to the car but just removing the ipod instead? Think yourself lucky though because sometimes my intellilink actually loses all the presets and reverts to some cr*p local station instead and I have to re-program radio 2 back in!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mud4fun said:
Mine does this in areas where DAB reception is poor. I also got P'd off with it. There are some parts of Lincolnshire (near the air bases) where not only does the DAB not work properly but even my phones sat nav goes bonkers. The stupid intellilink will sit there swapping from DAB to FM and back again constantly and not allowing me listen to the radio at all. Have you tried leaving the cable plugged in to the car but just removing the ipod instead? Think yourself lucky though because sometimes my intellilink actually loses all the presets and reverts to some cr*p local station instead and I have to re-program radio 2 back in!
Yeah and that's the weird thing, if I was to have the radio on DAB on Absolute 80s on my way to a from work in Glasgow city centre from my house on the outskirts of Glasgow south side I would not lose signal/reception at all, in any case I didn't think the radio would be trying to search signals when it's a different source than radio which is in use. That's why I thought it was maybe a software glitch where the Intellilink is recognising the USB input bing disconnected and saying to itself "right USB has been disconnected, so I'll go back to the previous source I was playing before USB" and so it goes back to the radio which is fine, but its like after a while it "forgets" it was DAB I was listening to, not FM, before I plugged a USB source in, and then defaults to FM, I wouldn't mind if it did it all the time, but the fact I can go from DAB to listening to USB for 5 minutes then unplug it and it jumps back to DAB means surely it should be doing that even if I listen to USB for an hour then unplug and go back to radio.

I'll tell you what else annoys me, when you click on DAB station list, they are all categorised, like at the side some say "national", some say " Glasgow" and some say "Ayrshire" some of them are the same stations in different categories, others are clearly in a particular category because they are local stations to that area, E.g. theres one called West FM which only appears in the Ayrshire category, as its a local station to that area, but as its listed I click on it to listen because its quite good, only it comes up to say I'm listening to that station. But nothing! Just silence, like its not picking up the station, I thought that was the idea of DAB, you can listen to stations from areas you might not normally be able to on FM, as well as the obvious digital only stations and normal stations like BBC Radio 1 but supposedly better quality, why the hell do these stations that you can't listen to appear on your station list, the fact they appear on the available stations list surely suggests the radio has found those stations OK so the signal must be good enough, but yet all you get is silence.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone any the wiser as to why my radio if the source is DAB when something is connected to USB for more than a few minutes and is disconnected the source has changed to FM by itself.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
Anyone any the wiser as to why my radio if the source is DAB when something is connected to USB for more than a few minutes and is disconnected the source has changed to FM by itself.
Pretty sure it just doesn't remember the last source you were on after going onto USB/iPod/Bluetooth. In which case it will revert to the default FM. I'll have a look on my way home later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts