Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 66 plate 1.3 diesel corsa with 78k on the clock. Basically if you potter around it’s fine , but as soon as you get to around 70 it let’s oil passed the turbo and into the intake manifold, it’s had a new turbo and this hasn’t cured it, has anyone got any ideas what it could be that’s causing it. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
217 Posts
Well it depends on what you call help, i am sick of seeing posts from members saying they took their cars to a back street garage with a certain problem the garage then fit several different parts and the problem still exists, it would seem there are a lot of garages around with clueless mechanics willing to spend the customers money as it it was going out of fashion hoping if they throw parts at the car eventually they will magically fix it and when (if) they eventually do fix it they never reimburse the customer for the parts they didn't need, the word cowboys comes to mind.

Now to your case -
I assumed as you didn't say otherwise they put the turbo on you paid and you left thinking the car was fixed and the turbo was the cause of the problem, i don't know any garage that fits an expensive part like a turbo then doesn't charge the customer for the part and labour so it would seem you have found a good one now lets see if they are good enough to fix the original problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did they investigate the PCV system ?
it has an oil separator that should stop oil getting into the air cleaner outlet duct,
not sure what the separator consists off but it's another potential route of oil getting into the intake especially if the engine is building excess crankcase pressure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did they investigate the PCV system ?
it has an oil separator that should stop oil getting into the air cleaner outlet duct,
not sure what the separator consists off but it's another potential route of oil getting into the intake especially if the engine is building excess crankcase pressure
This is what they are going to try Monday, the turbo was only replaced cause was shot, so the oil being drawn was obviously the culprit, so fingers crossed the pcv valve is the problem, or the breather leading from it. I only posted on here as the guy has been away who fitted the new turbo so thought I’d see if anyone had come across the problem before he comes back tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts