Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been answered I've had a look and can't see it specifically mentioned. I've looked in the manual of my LE and it appears you can no longer close or open your windows by holding down the fob button? I've even tried changing the vehicle settings in the car and can't see anything. This was a really handy feature that I had on my base level corsa D and don't know why it's been taken away!

·
Registered
961 Posts
You are correct, this feature has been removed from Es, more Vauxhall penny pinching I'm afraid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wait! What! forget it, I'm gonna cancel my order! :D
My friends got the Corsa D and he shows it off all the time, is there any of programming it into the fob or? :(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I had this on my Corsa D, and in my current car (Ibiza). I find it handy if I've left the windows open and it starts raining - I can stand by the kitchen window and close them via the fob! I think I will miss it most at work in the summer as when I walk up to the car I can open the windows as I walk up to it. I've had loads of cars but only had that function in the last two, so I'm sure I could live without it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Webster said:
Surely this is something that can be programmed, no?
I doubt it. You know what VX are like!

·
Registered
38 Posts
On the Corsa D, and most cars it just uses the unlock and lock button. You just hold it instead of a single press

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yep, no extra buttons on my Ibiza key, just the open, close and boot only buttons. My Corsa D didn't have extra buttons either, it was operated by holding down unlock or lock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well i'm portuguese and i have a 2015 corsa E my windows do go up and down automatically if i press down the buttons for a second so the programming is possible

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Somrthing for us to look into then! Wonder why UK versions don't have it?!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LeachiE said:
Big shame. In my D its handy to open them from the lounge window half an hour before I need the car in hot weather. I'm guessing heavy use will flatten the fob battery when you use it for 5 seconds instead of a quick blip.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Probably because we have minimal hot days to warrant having the ability to open the windows with a key fob.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Daft really, lol, I had my D just over 4 years ago and it was enabled. I know we get more rain in summer these days, but it's still a handy thing to have.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Daft really, lol, I had my D just over 4 years ago and it was enabled. I know we get more rain in summer these days, but it's still a handy thing to have.
Yea, I agree. It's anything to save money these days though. I guess that's probably one of the more feasible reasons for removing it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jarviser said:
LeachiE said:
Big shame. In my D its handy to open them from the lounge window half an hour before I need the car in hot weather. I'm guessing heavy use will flatten the fob battery when you use it for 5 seconds instead of a quick blip.
Shouldnt flatten it that much, i was told by the dealer the keys batteries get recharged whey they are being used with engine on, and to alternate using them every monthor so

·
Registered
961 Posts
Definitely sounds like a programming issue then, I actually really miss the feature (if only for showing off) every Vauxhall ive had since my 2002 Astra has had it so for them to remove it from a high spec 2015 car is a bit rubbish.

There a guy on the Astra owners network forum who has a tech 2 and is a whizz with things like this, does SMD dash conversions, Bluetooth and DAB retrofits, cruise control, parking sensors. All factory gadgetry retrofits so when the E has been out a while and he knows his stuff on them this kinda thing should be easily doable. I'll probably speak to him and see if I can organise something (he will come to certain areas for a weekend and everyone who wants stuff fitted, programmed etc goes up and he does it all as and when you turn up.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm portuguese too, and my Cosmo did not close the windows when I press the remote lock key.
Anybody know how solve this problem?
I have not any alarm instaled. That can be the reason because the windows don't close???

Thank you very much

1 - 20 of 34 Posts