Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forums, but I've just ordered by my new Flame Red "Limited Edition 1.4 Excite" Corsa E on Sunday, this is to replace my 54 plate Corsa C 1.2 SXI.

I've opted for Automatic as even my driving loving friend enjoys his new automatic car, but I'm still worried about it deteriorating the driving experience I'll admit :|

I'm a bit confused with the order form though, it states "Limited Edition 1.4 Excite", I was under the impression these were two different trim levels? Limited edition looking a bit sportier with the side skirts etc.

Can anyone share some insight on this at all? I'd ask my dealer but the sales rep I spoke to doesn't work Tuesdays, and now I'm eager to know :).

If it helps the order form says shimmer black cloth seats, rather than the moonwhatever seats!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes the LE and Excite are two different model specs. Sounds like there has been some confusion over your order!

LE: Network Moonray cloth seat trim.

Excite: Spot Shimmer Black cloth seat trim.

LE Spec:
Features over Life
• Bluetooth® connectivity
• 17-inch black alloy wheels
• LED daytime running lights
• Body-colour front lower spoiler, side sills,
rear roof spoiler (3-door only) and rear lower skirt
• Chrome-effect exhaust tailpipe extension
• Black roof and door mirror housings
• Black front grille bar
• Black foil on door pillars (not with Carbon Flash)
• Electrically adjustable/heated door mirrors
• Sports suspension
• Front fog lights with chrome-effect surround
• Sports-style front seats
• Dark-tinted rear windows
• Air conditioning
• IntelliLink audio system with digital radio
• USB connection with iPod control
• Steering wheel mounted audio controls
• Cruise control and multi-function trip computer
• Sports pedals
• Leather-covered steering wheel

Excite Spec:
Features over Life
• Bluetooth® connectivity
• 16-inch alloy wheels
• LED daytime running lights
• Air conditioning (non air-conditioned 1.2i
and 1.4i manual models also available)
• Front fog lights
• IntelliLink audio system with digital radio
• USB connection with iPod control
• Steering wheel mounted audio controls
• Rain-sensitive windscreen wipers
• Automatic lighting control
• Electrically heated leather-covered steering wheel
• Electrically heated front seats
• Cruise control
• Driver's seat height adjuster
• Black foil on door pillars (except with Royal Blue,
Dark Sea Blue, Emerald Green or Carbon Flash)
• Body-colour exterior door handles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Reddaz,

Thanks for that - Exactly what I thought.

Will be interesting to hear what the dealer says when I get in touch; Would prefer to have the leather covered steering wheel!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Phil said:
Hi Reddaz,

Will be interesting to hear what the dealer says when I get in touch; Would prefer to have the leather covered steering wheel!
Those specs are assuming that you are indeed in the UK :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Phil said:
Hi Reddaz,

Those specs are assuming that you are indeed in the UK :p
ah yes. I guess I just assumed!

Phil, Where did you purchase the Corsa?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Is that not just referring to the Excite spec being a special edition/limited edition version like it was on the D rather than a permanent model in the range like the LE, SRi And SE are. Ie It will only be produced for a limited amount of time. I think on the D the Excite was only available On 2011 cars

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hendry said:
Is that not just referring to the Excite spec being a special edition/limited edition version like it was on the D rather than a permanent model in the range like the LE, SRi And SE are. Ie It will only be produced for a limited amount of time. I think on the D the Excite was only available On 2011 cars
So the LE is less limited than the Excite :p? Lol. I've got no idea, will get in contact with them hopefully this evening!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually - my mistake, the exact wording on the order form is "Special Eds 1.4 1.4 Excite 3dr". Anyone got any sort speculations on this? I've emailed the sales guy today, as he wasn't available when I phoned during my dinner hour!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reddaz said:
I didn't have this on my order form but in the Vauxhall price guide Excite is listed as a special edition.
Thanks - you've been very helpful - emailed the sales rep and he confirmed it's just Excite being labelled as a special edition... As if SE didn't sound more like special edition!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.