Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having issues with swirling in the paint. My car had major swirl damage in the paint when I collected it.

It's due into a detailer soon to have the paint re-finished. Looks like the dealer will be helping with the cost of this.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Geo, and welcome, had several Corsa models since 2009 & thankfully have never experienced any paint problems. Hope you can get this
sorted quickly, which model New Corsa and paint finish have you got ??

Derek

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following the damage caused to the finish by the dealer, I gave them the opportunity to repair the damage. A quick run over with a machine polisher and filler compound does not fix swirling.

They agreed to let me get the paint refinished at a local detailer.

After 4 days, the car is back.

No swirling but a few light marks that couldn't be removed. Much happier with the car now.

Still haven't washed it after a week, only prewash with Bilt Hamber snow foam and jet wash.

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
You can't have gone very far if you haven't needed to wash it!! ;-) ;-)

I've done 500 miles since I got it a week ago and it has needed washing 3 times due to filth from the roads and bad weather.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My cars already been in to the dealer twice, once for an issue with the passenger side DRL and once for handbrake adjustment, both times I told them not to wash it and both times it has come back washed and with "washed and hoovered" written on the key tag, this would be bad enough if the dealers were using a sponge or brush to wash it but to save them time washing cars they have installed one of those automated drive through car washes you get at petrol stations, which as you know is a surefire way to swirl a cars paintwork, luckily due to polish and wax on my paint its gotten away with it this time, but if they do it again I will lose my rag with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts