Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just wondering if anyone would know if painting my callipers would affect my warranty? It seems like a silly thing but wouldn't want to risk it!
On a lesser note... Opinions on what colour to go for my red 3dr LE (polly)?
I'm thinking vivid blue!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I would like to know this too - I was going to paint mine, but hadn't thought about warranty.

I can't see how it would affect it, but never know!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Phil said:
Not sure about the Warranty, But I'd also like to know!

As for colour, I'd do yellow with the red 3dr.
What would you reckon for a Lime Green 3dr?

I'm thinking to match the body colour, but not sure yet. Pink is supposedly it's contrast, but i'm not sold on that :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
LimeyUK said:

I'm thinking to match the body colour, but not sure yet. Pink is supposedly it's contrast, but i'm not sold on that :lol:
Pink or a purple would work I guess! But I'd be hesitant on those colours :p. What about perhaps a Dark blue? The old Ultra Blue from Corsa C would look nice I reckon.

On a side note - I've been considering a Lime Corsa, I ordered standard red Excite AC, but can still change at the moment, not sure it would look right without the side skirts etc (Sound stupid I know!), have been waiting for your Progress thread Limey :p

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Phil said:
LimeyUK said:

Pink or a purple would work I guess! But I'd be hesitant on those colours :p. What about perhaps a Dark blue? The old Ultra Blue from Corsa C would look nice I reckon.

On a side note - I've been considering a Lime Corsa, I ordered standard red Excite AC, but can still change at the moment, not sure it would look right without the side skirts etc (Sound stupid I know!), have been waiting for your Progress thread Limey :p
I was thinking about dark blue too, but not 100% sure. Shame i can't visualise it really :lol:

Lime Green is an absolutely gorgeous colour - I have black alloys though, which really set off the lime green. I don't think it would be anywhere near as nice with standard alloys. I effectively have an SRi spec :lol:

I'll get some pictures up soon, not been able to as the photo's my phone takes are too big for the forum :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking forward to seeing them :p And yeah I think the silver alloys were putting me off getting Lime Green - I'll have to see how much it adds to have the black ones.

Here's some really bad photoshops, the Lime Green I couldn't find a decent picture that showed calipers, so had to use the configurator on VX's website, so you can barely see much (Just about when you zoom in). The Red was taken from a photo VX-Dan uploaded. Unfortunately I'm in work so only had a spare 10 mins to do them, so the yellow is way out!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Phil said:
Looking forward to seeing them :p And yeah I think the silver alloys were putting me off getting Lime Green - I'll have to see how much it adds to have the black ones.

Here's some really bad photoshops, the Lime Green I couldn't find a decent picture that showed calipers, so had to use the configurator on VX's website, so you can barely see much (Just about when you zoom in). The Red was taken from a photo VX-Dan uploaded. Unfortunately I'm in work so only had a spare 10 mins to do them, so the yellow is way out!

I paid £50 a wheel, though they were meant to just be silver ones, sprayed, but they didn't have them done in time so I got official SRi ones :D

Phones being rubbish at the mo, so will check your link out later!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Going for a bright blue to match the red vxr Astra we have! Also have climair wind deflectors (with blue logo) so the blue ties the car together! Hopefully doesn't effect warrantee but my dealer is pretty good anyway and shouldn't take any notice of it! Shall post pics when finished! :D

As for the lime green... I'm thinking coral would look great! (From a female perspective) ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got a White LE and I painted my calipers yellow. I did check with my dealer and they said it should be ok as nothing has been changed. I.e. I haven't changed my actual calipers for different ones. Also, put some white rim scuffs around the wheels. Attached a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
D3RV15H said:
http://www.rimblades.com/shop/scuffs-alloy-wheel-rim-protectors/

Get them from here. They have Rimblades and Rimscuffs. I enquired about both and for the Corsa they recommended scuffs so they're the ones I installed.

Check out the videos on their site too to get some more info on how to do them. Pretty simple. Enjoy! :D
Sweet thanks!
Are they quite discrete on the wheels or do they stick out loads?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mckillon said:
D3RV15H said:

Get them from here. They have Rimblades and Rimscuffs. I enquired about both and for the Corsa they recommended scuffs so they're the ones I installed.

Check out the videos on their site too to get some more info on how to do them. Pretty simple. Enjoy! :D
Sweet thanks!
If you want discreet go for the same colour as your wheels ;) Otherwise, go for any other colour :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Mckillon said:
D3RV15H said:

Sweet thanks!
If you want discreet go for the same colour as your wheels ;) Otherwise, go for any other colour :p
I meant like are they like an inch off the wheel surface if you catch my drift?
My fault, should have been more clean haha :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mckillon said:
LimeyUK said:
Mckillon said:
Sweet thanks!
I meant like are they like an inch off the wheel surface if you catch my drift?
My fault, should have been more clean haha :lol:
Haha, i knew what you meant. :lol:

If you go to their site, the example images are quite a good representation of the final look, so in other words, they don't stick out too much :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
D3RV15H said:
I've got a White LE and I painted my calipers yellow. I did check with my dealer and they said it should be ok as nothing has been changed. I.e. I haven't changed my actual calipers for different ones. Also, put some white rim scuffs around the wheels. Attached a pic.
That looks really good - Which paint did you get?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not heard about the rimscuffs before, they look good. Heard a lot of negative reports on the rimblades though lots of people complaining about them falling off while driving!

I recently got some alloygators fitted at a tyre fitting place (as you have to deflate the tyre to fit, then rebalance) more pricey, but they are solid and use the tyre to grip on so no falling off

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
D3RV15H said:
looks very nice

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.