Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I notice one or two o f you have the 'Park Assist' option.
We didn't have this, but wondered if and how you use it, is it as easy as they show on the ads or just a gimmick? Does it actually work. What kind of spaces can it cope with, can it park on a curve for does the space have to be Parallel, any quirks, etc.
Just interested to hear experiences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Leona,

I have the advanced park assist and it does work very well, as far as the dealership that I bought it from it will never crash unless you don't stop when it asks.

To use it you hold the parking button for 2-3 seconds and then it beeps automatically making it look for a parrelel parking space but you can make it also search for a parking bay however I haven't used this as I prefer to do my own bay parking from habbit. You put it in reverse and it does the rest, you control the pedals and it will tell you when to stop then when to select first gear to move it forward into place and then it will notify you on completion. It hasn't messed up for me once but it does sometimes find a space which you know doesn't exist but you carry on driving and it'll reset.

Does not hit the curb SL it won't scrape your alloys, in all honesty I don't use it very often, its more of a showing off tool ;) I only got it because it cost an extra £40 on top of the normal park assist which I wanted for the reversing camera.

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i'v used mine twice and i agree i also just park myself, it does parallel and reverse perpendicular but not forward park assist in to a bay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The park assist is very clever. It has two options, one for bay parking and another for parallel parking. The bay parking mode is okay but it is quite long. Often making it a 5 step park. It also realies too much of the adjacent cars instead of the actual bays which can lead to wonky parking.

The parallel parking is excellent, works 94% of the time. It's quick, easy and safe. It rarely hits the curb as well

·
Registered
90 Posts
How close do you find it parks to the curb. I feel like mine sticks way out into the road when parallel parking, although it could be because we are down quite a tight road and all the cars Park close to the curb?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Years of parallel parking down my road has given me plenty of parking practice! Not sure I would be able to trust the car to do it fir itself! I would find it odd just using my feet as I have been parking with no assistance for almost 25 years now!

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is a very strange experience to begin with, although it's amazing how quickly you can feel comfortable letting it do it. The biggest issue is the time it takes you end up just parking yourself anyway (well I do) :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts