Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have parking sensors - I have downloaded the manual pdf and was looking through and it said that the parking sensors can be turned off. I can't find it again now, but would like to know if the parking sensors are only activated when the 'eco' button is pressed? If they are able to be controlled in this way it may sway my decision on trim level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's for the park assist rather than the parking sensors. I'll keep searching and see if I can find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I think the "Front-rear parking assist" is the conventional parking sensors, and "Advanced parking assist" is where it parks itself but are both controlled by the same button, although I am happy to be proven wrong ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
Parking Senors can easily be deactivated with a short press of the switch & re-activated again. However once you restart or reinsert the ignition key you will need to deactivate again if required. Not ideal but at least you can turn them off. Have just tried to confirm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Delboy_Lee said:
Parking Senors can easily be deactivated with a short press of the switch & re-activated again. However once you restart or reinsert the ignition key you will need to deactivate again if required. Not ideal but at least you can turn them off. Have just tried to confirm.
Thanks Delboy! So, I think I have it narrowed down (at last)! If I prefer the comfort chassis then I'll go with the SE and if I prefer the sport chassis I will go with the SRi with winter pack! :D Woohoo! Now to wait until the new quarter offers start in July and see what they are offering, although my dealer seemed to believe they would be staying the same as the past 6 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Delboy_Lee said:
Parking Senors can easily be deactivated with a short press of the switch & re-activated again. However once you restart or reinsert the ignition key you will need to deactivate again if required. Not ideal but at least you can turn them off. Have just tried to confirm.
Thanks Delboy! So, I think I have it narrowed down (at last)! If I prefer the comfort chassis then I'll go with the SE and if I prefer the sport chassis I will go with the SRi with winter pack! :D Woohoo! Now to wait until the new quarter offers start in July and see what they are offering, although my dealer seemed to believe they would be staying the same as the past 6 months.
I got a £500 prepay debit card with mine :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
Delboy_Lee said:
Parking Senors can easily be deactivated with a short press of the switch & re-activated again. However once you restart or reinsert the ignition key you will need to deactivate again if required. Not ideal but at least you can turn them off. Have just tried to confirm.
Thanks Delboy! So, I think I have it narrowed down (at last)! If I prefer the comfort chassis then I'll go with the SE and if I prefer the sport chassis I will go with the SRi with winter pack! :D Woohoo! Now to wait until the new quarter offers start in July and see what they are offering, although my dealer seemed to believe they would be staying the same as the past 6 months.
I got a £500 prepay debit card with mine :D
Worth checking if you can get partnership discount - lot's of companies / unions are registered, saved around £1000 on ours :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've signed up for the Partners Programme already as my hubby works for an associated company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hijamie32 said:
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
Thanks Delboy! So, I think I have it narrowed down (at last)! If I prefer the comfort chassis then I'll go with the SE and if I prefer the sport chassis I will go with the SRi with winter pack! :D Woohoo! Now to wait until the new quarter offers start in July and see what they are offering, although my dealer seemed to believe they would be staying the same as the past 6 months.
I got a £500 prepay debit card with mine :D
Worth checking if you can get partnership discount - lot's of companies / unions are registered, saved around £1000 on ours :)
That too, I got heavy discounts due to the salesperson being a family friend and family working at various companies that are partners :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can only get one discount though, can't you? All the models I looked at had 7.5% discount. Previously my phone and tablet showed a way to claim anither £200 off but I haven't had one pop up for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
I have had up to 4 discounts on a Corsa D & 3 discounts on current Corsa E. Just place them on the negotiating table & see how you get on. Old saying Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained, good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
You can only get one discount though, can't you? All the models I looked at had 7.5% discount. Previously my phone and tablet showed a way to claim anither £200 off but I haven't had one pop up for a while.
I had about 4 or 5 discounts :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Yep I sent out a variety of emails to lots of dealers, then took the best discount price to my local dealer and they beat it. Basically got the extra add ons for free along with some of their protection plans so worth pushing you can get a lot of discount!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top