Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you turn the parking sensors off off in the Intelly Vehicle Settings (because they drive you mad), they come back again at next start-up. Are they supposed to do that? I would expect that behaviour using the dash switch but I thought vehicle settings were permanent.
Am I also right in thinking the front ones don't work until you stop, change gear (or something), and start again? Then they work - well to a fashion.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
not to sure about the turning off bit, but the front ones only come on once you have selected reverse and the go back in to 1st. otherwise the front ones would keep coming on when you are sitting in traffic,

·
Registered
455 Posts
I presume not, it's a bit like the eco button - that enables automatically every time you start the car, so I presume they're permanently enabled unless you turn them off every-time

·
Registered
895 Posts
Jarviser said:
good point!
I would still like to turn them off permanently if I can.
When I need to turn mine off I just Push the - Park Assist button - they then remain off until ignition key is removed & again inserted ? Not a permanent fix but seems to works for me.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
why did you get a car with parking sensors?
They were probably included in the spec already I guess?

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I read about this setting in the colour info display I assumed that it was used only when towing a trailer. So I just ignored it. The amount of time I spend reverseing I can put up with the noise,

Collision / detection
Park assist: Activates or deactivates the ultrasonic parking assist. Activation is selectable with or without attached trailer coupling.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I found the setting and turned it off. It just wont stay off.
I park with the bonnet quite close to my house and the annoying thing is as soon as I start off in reverse it beeps as if to say "look out, House!" like I didnt know. Yes I do know, thats why I am driving in the opposite direction! Freaks me out

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to reverse into my parking spot so I don't get that trouble, but my system plays a very nice tune as I am parking there's a shed behind me a fence to the right, a car to the left and a fence in front the other side of the drive, I get the rear, front and the camera hazard tones all together, I am hoping that one day I will remember the tune a be able too park with my eyes closed :lol: . But sometimes it does seem pointless and excessively noisy.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Jerry said:
I have to reverse into my parking spot so I don't get that trouble, but my system plays a very nice tune as I am parking there's a shed behind me a fence to the right, a car to the left and a fence in front the other side of the drive, I get the rear, front and the camera hazard tones all together, I am hoping that one day I will remember the tune a be able too park with my eyes closed :lol: . But sometimes it does seem pointless and excessively noisy.
Your parking space sounds worse than mine! The driveway goes across the front of the house up a slope and there's a small bit at the back under the lounge window making it an L shaped drive. Whoever gets home first has to park 'round the back' to leave room for the other car. All well and good in the summer, but dark, rainy winter's evenings are not so good for parking visibility! We now have a security light fitted on the porch corner which is the main obstacle to avoid. One day I will get around to taking photos to post. I have to get really close to the house when parking or moving off so parking sensors would be really annoying, hence why when I was looking at getting a Corsa with them installed I asked if they were able to be turned off. Still, I'm glad I won't have them on my 'Energy' when she arrives.

·
Registered
33 Posts
View attachment 925 We all have our own spaces, sorry about the poor pic but you can see where my car goes.
The camera helps because people leave all sorts of things there, boxes, flower pots, watering cans, you name it.
I can live with the noise, I have learned to ignore all the displays until I need them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's a fab idea to get a Google image! I must do that too, although it doesn't show any cars on the drive as when the image was taken, it was only my car on the drive but we were out when the Google van came round.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Parking sensors on the rear can be quite useful. Especially at night or when you're reversing and the Ballard's not tall enough to see out the rear. Had x vision fitted before I picked the car up at a reduced rate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts