Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, had me new car a few days now and really happy with it ? but finding a few niggles as you do? Latest one is wife found that her passenger side Sun Visor has no Vanity Mirror fitted ?? just an Air Bag Warning Sticker over the position where one should be.

Going to garage in morning to get Sure Guard Certificate signed & dated which they forgot to do? so will mention above and see what they got to
say.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rocketd0g, just got back from garage and Parts Division confirmed from their Technical Drawings that we appear to have Non Standard Left Hand Sun Visors listed against our Right Hand vehicle ?? Is this a design error ?? wife not too happy as no practical alternative was offered so looks like have to fire of a letter to Customer Services for advice?

Derek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
wife not too happy as no practical alternative was offered so looks like have to fire of a letter to Customer Services for advice?

Derek
just tell her she always looks nice no need for mirror ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did say that she could share my mirror but that didn't go down to well, will try your approach next time ??

Derek

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I viewed my new car last week I noticed there was a drivers vanity mirror in the visor but not one on the passengers visor! Think I'll ask about that when I pick it up.

Seems odd how you would have one on the drivers side and not the passenger that's surely gonna cause trouble! My corsa D has one only on the passenger side.

Sam

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I can safely say that I have neither used nor missed a vanity mirror in 30 years of driving! I wasn't even aware they still existed. However my wife informs me that they are useful for touching up lipstick (why can't they do that before leaving home???)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sam, had my new car nearly 2 weeks now & I am really impressed by driving comfort compared to my Corsa D so think you will also find the same when you get yours.

With regards to the Sun Visor issue, have sent couple of emails to Vauxhall Customer Services and spoken to one of their staff on 0800 026 0034 yesterday afternoon, hoping to get a reply by Wednesday. Will let everyone know how I get on.

Derek

·
Registered
75 Posts
anthony said:
Bluesam said:
I noticed there was a drivers vanity mirror in the visor but not one on the passengers visor!
oh nooo I've just ordered a girl car :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Delboy_Lee said:
Hi Sam, had my new car nearly 2 weeks now & I am really impressed by driving comfort compared to my Corsa D so think you will also find the same when you get yours.

With regards to the Sun Visor issue, have sent couple of emails to Vauxhall Customer Services and spoken to one of their staff on 0800 026 0034 yesterday afternoon, hoping to get a reply by Wednesday. Will let everyone know how I get on.

Derek
Awesome mate what corsa D model did you have? I've got the sxi 3 door it's got firm suspension and seems to handle quite well. Get my new corsa this weds!

What the email address you sent your question to?

Cheers sam

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Sam, thanks had Corsa Design 5 door Automatic (09) and 2 Corsa SE 5 Door Automatics, (11) & (13) plates before my nice New Corsa SE Automatic 5 Door. Not to every ones tastes but suits me and will never go back to a manual box again.

Email address I used from the Vauxhall Web site: '[email protected]'

Be interesting to see if I get a reply ??

Derek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
was the 1st thing I checked when I got into the car to day and yes no passenger mirror. the dealer seems to think that they just used all the same visors on LH and RH drive cars

·
Registered
75 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
Hi Sam, thanks had Corsa Design 5 door Automatic (09) and 2 Corsa SE 5 Door Automatics, (11) & (13) plates before my nice New Corsa SE Automatic 5 Door. Not to every ones tastes but suits me and will never go back to a manual box again.

Email address I used from the Vauxhall Web site: '[email protected]'

Be interesting to see if I get a reply ??

Derek
Let us know what they say please mate I'd be intrested to know cheers

anthony said:
was the 1st thing I checked when I got into the car to day and yes no passenger mirror. the dealer seems to think that they just used all the same visors on LH and RH drive cars
Must be the same on all the new corsad then bloomin cheapskates! You'd think how much you pay for the car you'd expect 2 VAINity mirrors!! Haha

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Guys, had an initial response email from Vauxhall Customer Assistance this morning but still awaiting a call back on this subject but believe the change could be due to required location of the " Front Passenger Airbag Warning Labels " required by either Incoming or Current EU Regulations. So will be interesting to get a formal response on this issue.

Information on this can be found here: http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/doc/2009/wp29grsp/GRSP-46-08e.doc

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guys, received a message from VX Customer Care on my iPhone5 this morning to confirm that they are reviewing this issue of the Sun Visors with the Parts Department & will be in contact with me by 06 March 2015 latest. Have also been given a Reference Number for this.

Will advise further once I receive any news.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Guys, Not great news VX Customer Services stated today that there is no current change available for the current New Corsa fitted Sun Visors & asked for any proposed design modifications that can be looked at to incorporate the new " Safety Front Passenger Airbag Warning Regulations " & maintaining the use of a fitted Passenger Vanity Mirror ?? any of those submitted would be considered.

( Nothing received in writing I may add ? ).

Proposals can be submitted via http://www.gmideas.com/gmideas/ideas

This is all new to me so will be interesting to see what can be achieved ?? what are other manufactures doing to resolve this problem ??

Sorry I could not come back with a more positive result.

I have submitted an initial proposal of using the Redundant Tax Disc area of the windscreen for the Passenger Airbag Warning Label ?? but
believe there could be other options ??

Derek

1 - 20 of 93 Posts