Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Persian Blue

13K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  LimeyUK 
#1 ·
Evening guy/gals.

On 11th August I ordered an SE OnStar 1.4T in Persian Blue with Hysle Interior, Bi-Xenons, Alarm, Electronic Climate Control and Advanced park Assist.

It arrived at the Dealers today so I popped down for a quick look as I wasn't entirely sure what the Persian Blue would look like, only picked that colour as non of the others appealed to me apart from lime green which wasn't available on SE spec.

I've taken a couple of (poor) pics but will post better ones next week when I collect the car. Also attached are screen shots of OnStar on laptop and mobile with personal details blacked out. The two tone interior seats with matching 2 tone dash/door cards etc really goes well with the exterior paint.

Pretty impressed at the order to delivery time of circa 48 days. Hopefully its been put together right as I can't stand rattles/squeaks that can't be drowned out with radio on low volume. Not entirely sure why the tyres have been pumped upto 47 psi :lol:

Here's a cheeky/shameless pic of my daily drive.... (corsa is used when more than two seats are required).

See less See more
#4 ·
Gadgetman said:
hendry said:
Stunning couple of cars :cool: the Corsa colour is amazing :D those seats will take some keeping clean though! :lol:
Not if I leave those plastic bags covering them :twisted:

There actually not as bad as the pic makes out. The colour is a sort of light coffee brown as opposed to cream/beige.
Lol I'd have them filthy in weeks (even though I'm an OCD cleanfreak with my car, just dirty work clothes)

Are the light coloured centres leather too or just fabric?

What's the spec/figures on the Merc?

#5 ·
hendry said:
Gadgetman said:
hendry said:
Stunning couple of cars :cool: the Corsa colour is amazing :D those seats will take some keeping clean though! :lol:
Not if I leave those plastic bags covering them :twisted:

There actually not as bad as the pic makes out. The colour is a sort of light coffee brown as opposed to cream/beige.
Lol I'd have them filthy in weeks (even though I'm an OCD cleanfreak with my car, just dirty work clothes)

Are the light coloured centres leather too or just fabric?

What's the spec/figures on the Merc?
The centres were fabric, was only in there for around 30 secs so didn't really have the time to look around.

The Mercs a 2014 SL350, V6 producing around 306 Bhp with a 7 gear auto box. Heated electric seats with airscarf (neck level heating), comand system with linguatronic, Harmon Kardon (sp?), AMG bodykit, and the rest is standard. 0-60 5.9 secs. I do 65 miles a day through country roads at unsocial hours so usually get a clean run both ways. Average over the last 5000 miles is 31.2 mpg. Incredible efficiency, I previously had a BMW e46 330 ci which averaged 21 mpg over the same commute.

#7 ·
:shock: Wow! I love that colour! I wanted that colour on mine but hubby refused as it was the 'wrong team' colour. :lol: What I don't get though, is that you ordered 3 days after I ordered mine, yours is at the dealers and mine hasn't even been built yet! Makes me wonder what they are playing at or if they've even 'lost' my order!

#9 ·
Gadgetman said:
The Mercs a 2014 SL350, V6 producing around 306 Bhp with a 7 gear auto box. Heated electric seats with airscarf (neck level heating), comand system with linguatronic, Harmon Kardon (sp?), AMG bodykit, and the rest is standard. 0-60 5.9 secs. I do 65 miles a day through country roads at unsocial hours so usually get a clean run both ways. Average over the last 5000 miles is 31.2 mpg. Incredible efficiency, I previously had a BMW e46 330 ci which averaged 21 mpg over the same commute.
The Merc looks pretty special, which is an achievement because Mercs these days all just look plain, we have a 64 plate C63 AMG coupe with the V8 Bi-Turbo engine at work and a brand new GL63 AMG 4x4 and other than the engines both are really no different to the C220 CDi AMG Sport Editions and GL350 CDi AMG Sport BlueTecs we also have, interior identical, exterior identical, you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference until you turn the key. It almost makes the new VXR Corsa which we all reckon is too similar to the LE in looks look massively different.

#10 ·
LeachiE said:
:shock: Wow! I love that colour! I wanted that colour on mine but hubby refused as it was the 'wrong team' colour. :lol: What I don't get though, is that you ordered 3 days after I ordered mine, yours is at the dealers and mine hasn't even been built yet! Makes me wonder what they are playing at or if they've even 'lost' my order!
As yours hasn't been built yet you can always ask if they'd accommodate a change of colour. Threaten to mix antifreeze in your hubbys drink if he refuses :mrgreen:

Regarding build dates, it could just be supply problems for a particular piece of interior or exterior trim/part that your model requires.

---------------------------------------

Looking at the pics it appears there's no headlamp wash or self levelling of the xenon beam. Puts to bed all those posts on various forums saying aftermarket HIDs cant be fitted without washers/self levelling

#11 ·
Gadgetman said:
LeachiE said:
As yours hasn't been built yet you can always ask if they'd accommodate a change of colour. Threaten to mix antifreeze in your hubbys drink if he refuses :mrgreen:

Regarding build dates, it could just be supply problems for a particular piece of interior or exterior trim/part that your model requires.

---------------------------------------

Looking at the pics it appears there's no headlamp wash or self levelling of the xenon beam. Puts to bed all those posts on various forums saying aftermarket HIDs cant be fitted without washers/self levelling
:lol: Nah, no antifreeze required - shiny rock was my first choice since February when I started looking. I would have gone with red if he liked it but we both felt it was a bit too bright, and we both liked shiny rock. I emailed the dealer today and he confirmed that they build them in batches of certain trims at a time. I guess Energy is further down the list than the SE. Just wish they'd hurry up though, I'm fed up with waiting now!

#14 ·
LeachiE said:
Have you picked her up yet? Mine has now been built and should be on the way to the dealers by now!
As it turned up so early the Dealership apparently weren't able to fit it into their Diary for the PDI. I went nuts when I rang on Thursday to ask if the car was ready to basically be told its still sat in their yard collecting dust.

I've previously bought other cars from them and they've always been great both before and after the sale so I may have slightly overreacted on the phone, anyway the manager was genuinely apologetic and has promised it'll be fully prepped on Monday and I can collect it on Tuesday....

What I do find a bit naughty and have emailed VX about is the 12 months OnStar/4G subscription started from when the car landed in the UK, so I have been cheated out of 10-15 days worth. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it doesn't seem right, waiting to hear back from them.

The car arrived at the Dealership exactly 10 days after the date of the second tick. The third tick didn't actually update until approx 3 days after it had been delivered.

Not long left before you'll get your hands on your new car.

#20 ·
mud4fun said:
I really like that colour! Quite envious of your climate control too :)
Thanks, hopefully it'll be good at regulating temperature. The 2012 Elite Insignia I owned was really poor, any setting up to 25 degrees felt freezing cold and 26 or above would roast the car.

I noted the heated seats are either On or Off, no selecting the intensity as most other cars offer.

#22 ·
LeachiE said:
I don't have advanced park assist on mine. Have you actually tried it yet?
Gave parallel parking a go last night and it worked a treat, only criticism is it parks a little further away from the pavement than I like so found myself then moving it again to get it closer. I doubt I'll be using it much, just seemed silly not to spec it as it was a £45 option.

Took it to work and back today (30 miles each way) and must say the 1.4T has plenty of poke. I didn't stretch it much as it's still being run in but didn't really feel the need to rev it above 2500-2750 rpm.

An option to turn the intellink screen off but keep music/radio playing would have been a welcome feature for those dark roads at night.

#23 ·
Gadgetman said:
LeachiE said:
Gave parallel parking a go last night and it worked a treat, only criticism is it parks a little further away from the pavement than I like so found myself then moving it again to get it closer. I doubt I'll be using it much, just seemed silly not to spec it as it was a £45 option.
It's also another electronic component that can completely screw up Though.

#24 ·
LimeyUK said:
Gadgetman said:
LeachiE said:
It's also another electronic component that can completely screw up Though.
What a miserable way to live your life. Perhaps we should go back to the days of hand starting cars with that lever at the front.

#25 ·
Gadgetman said:
What a miserable way to live your life. Perhaps we should go back to the days of hand starting cars with that lever at the front.
Bad choice of example! :mrgreen:

I currently have three classic vehicles sat on my drive, all have engines with hand crank starting dogs and handles, two are still used daily and both of them have been far more reliable than the brand new 6 month old Corsa despite them being 50+ years old. The classics are each worth more than the new Corsa and all appreciating in value while the Corsa is depreciating and the classics will last another 50 years while the Corsa will be lucky to last 3 years.

The list of failures on my Corsa in the last 6 months exceeds all the faults from all the classics in the last 6 years.

#26 ·
Also there are very stringent MOT regulations due in 2017 I think where any electronic driver aid, if fitted, must be in working order.

So park assist may only cost you £45 now, but if it fails before your MOT you will need to pay £400 to have it fixed. If you choose to hand the car back at the end of its PCP without fixing it, the dealer could knock £400 of its value. The same applies to most other electronic driver aids. It is currently already a failure if your dash shows any warnings at the time of the MOT so TPMS, S/S, traction control etc all must be in correct working order.

If you don't absolutely need something then best bet is not to order it.

My car has had loads of failures in the past few months and most are electronic system failures. They are not reliable systems. I'm not alone as many others have experienced problems with their electronics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.