Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading on one of the facebook groups today about viewing photos on the Intellilink screen I was inspired to try something out! Here is the result - my car on the intellilink screen! :D

It then occurred to me that this may be the answer for those that find the screen too bright! You can play music whilst the screen displays a photo - so, it would be possible to select a dark photo for the screen to combat the brightness problem. I have only tried this via a USB flashdrive in the USB slot, haven't tried it by connecting my phone via USB or via bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That is almost genius Leachie!

Although I wonder if even a black picture would be too bright still? After all, the clock is quite bright isn't it!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Glad you tried it out. I was thinking the same but never got round to it. I presume the photo needs to be on the same source as the music, like both on a phone or both on a usb??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think it can. It replaces the display. I shall have another play and see.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
can a photo be set as a permeant wallpaper background ?
Don't be silly, that would mean we get a decent level of customisation ;)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. No option for wallpaper. I turn on radio or usb the go onto gallery and choose the photo. Haven't tried using the steering wheel controls to see if it reverts to the music screen when you change track or station.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Brilliant stuff mate. Although I don't have a issue with the intellilink brightness. I've just uploaded a couple of pics onto my USB stick which i use for music, Just tried it in the motor and it works brilliant. It'll be nice to have change of screen when i want.. Great find !! Cheers bud :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stevewolves said:
Brilliant stuff mate. Although I don't have a issue with the intellilink brightness. I've just uploaded a couple of pics onto my USB stick which i use for music, Just tried it in the motor and it works brilliant. It'll be nice to have change of screen when i want.. Great find !! Cheers bud :)
:D Not tried it on the move yet, so I don't know if the photo stays on the screen. I'll try it out tomorrow morning though!

That will be buddette, Leachie is a she :D
:lol: Yep, Buddette here! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry Bud :oops: I've tried it whilst driving and it worked for me. Ok you can't see what radio station your on but ehh it's different and i like it :D :D Cheers Beaut ;)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: You are forgiven, after all I think most members on here are male. Yep, forgot to update on here - I tried it on mine yesterday and it just popped up a message saying 'certain options aren't available whilst the car is moving' a couple of times but the picture stayed there. I switched it back to the radio screen though.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Sadly doesn't work for me. The brightness problem is when getting into the car at 4am. As I turn the key the intellink comes on and blinds me. I can turn the lights on but that wakes the neighbours because we live in a very rural village and at 4am nothing is moving and there are no cars about. Also our drive slopes up so my headlights are pointing at neighbours bedroom. Usually not a problem in summer as I don't have to warm car up but in winter either I have to turn lights on to make intellish*te go to its black screen and wake neighbours up or I leave lights off and blind myself.... On my previous cars I warmed car up without lights and only turned lights on once I was pulled out onto road so lights not on neighbours house.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I connected my Xperia Z1 via the USB cable and tried to access a photo from my gallery but intellilink messages said device not supported yet ot works ok if I want to make a call

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
I connected my Xperia Z1 via the USB cable and tried to access a photo from my gallery but intellilink messages said device not supported yet ot works ok if I want to make a call
Most phones aren't supported for gallery use. Pretty sure it's intended use is from a USB stick.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
All our Lumia phones work fine with gallery but intellilink is cr*p and doesn't show the pictures in very high quality or in their original size. In fact on my widescreen pictures it squashes them so the picture is distorted. Does same with my daughters iphone and Samsung galaxy too. I've seen better picture quality on my wife's Tesco £10 digital picture frame.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mud4fun said:
All our Lumia phones work fine with gallery but intellilink is cr*p and doesn't show the pictures in very high quality or in their original size. In fact on my widescreen pictures it squashes them so the picture is distorted. Does same with my daughters iphone and Samsung galaxy too. I've seen better picture quality on my wife's Tesco £10 digital picture frame.
:lol: It's not great. It stretched my photo a bit too. Still, it will make a change from the normal screen occasionally!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My iPhone isn't supported for the gallery apparently. That or I'm using it wrong...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Might not be the phone Limey. I noticed it only displayed certain file types. It works fine with jpg's on all our phones but won't work with the living photos unless they are saved with the living image turned off. We've turned it off now anyway, nice gimmick but takes up loads of space for each photo.

What file format are your photos?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts