Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So happy! Yes I have L plates, I haven't passed my test yet, i'm 19 and hoping to pass in the next month or so, but yeah. No work done to it yet but hoping to share as I do things over time.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Wow, very nice for a first car :)

Much better than the Austin Metro 1.0 city that I had which didn't even come with a radio!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Nice, the car I learnt in was an old micra with no power steering. Only till I read some reviews did I find out it was one of the heaviest non powered steering cars possible :lol:

Good luck with your test!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Nice first car! Insurance must be crippling though :/ My nipper passed his test 4 years ago and his insurance was £1800 for the first year on a 1.1 Saxo 5dr.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
LeachiE said:
Nice first car! Insurance must be crippling though :/ My nipper passed his test 4 years ago and his insurance was £1800 for the first year on a 1.1 Saxo 5dr.
It will be my 2nd, my golf cost £2,300 to insure haha.

Not going to lie, this may sound harsh but why? I've had my golf a year, it wasn't new but the amount of stuff that's happened to it, even tiny things like wheel arch scuffs etc? I consider myself a good driver even though I'm only 19 (driving 2 years in feb), as does my family and I don't know if I did these things or not but as advised by people from work "your first car will no doubt be worse off than any other car you own" so I'd hate to find out how much it would cost to fix the panels on this thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
hijamie32 said:
Nice, the car I learnt in was an old micra with no power steering. Only till I read some reviews did I find out it was one of the heaviest non powered steering cars possible!
LOL, most cars I've owned had no power steering. My wife and I both still drive Land Rovers with no power steering and my wife's long wheelbase truck weighs close to 2 ton AND is running on 33" diameter by 12" wide tyres. We have no problems. In fact we find power steering way too light! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
hijamie32 said:
Nice, the car I learnt in was an old micra with no power steering. Only till I read some reviews did I find out it was one of the heaviest non powered steering cars possible!
LOL, most cars I've owned had no power steering. My wife and I both still drive Land Rovers with no power steering and my wife's long wheelbase truck weighs close to 2 ton AND is running on 33" diameter by 12" wide tyres. We have no problems. In fact we find power steering way too light! :)
I have to admit when I sat in the Corsa and turned the wheel the first time I was slightly scared at how light it was, I didn't know if that was normal but I'm used to having the tiniest amount of power steering haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Matthew said:
mud4fun said:
hijamie32 said:
Nice, the car I learnt in was an old micra with no power steering. Only till I read some reviews did I find out it was one of the heaviest non powered steering cars possible!
LOL, most cars I've owned had no power steering. My wife and I both still drive Land Rovers with no power steering and my wife's long wheelbase truck weighs close to 2 ton AND is running on 33" diameter by 12" wide tyres. We have no problems. In fact we find power steering way too light! :)
I have to admit when I sat in the Corsa and turned the wheel the first time I was slightly scared at how light it was, I didn't know if that was normal but I'm used to having the tiniest amount of power steering haha
I know, and then they thought do you know let's make a button to make it EVEN LIGHTER! do love the city mode :D

I think it was such a surprise as the only other car I had driven up to that point was my instructors new mini! Although even my dad thought that it must have broken power steering as it was so heavy ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. It was a bit of an anti climax as i've been waiting for a week for it and now I have it, I can't properly drive it but yeah, hopefully soon :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Are you learning to drive in a Corsa? I passed my test in a Corsa C! These are/were very popular cars for instructors.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top