Votes: 2 7.7%
  • <t>Wish I'd never seen it!</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vote on what your opinions are on the new Corsa E? And share your opinions, pros and cons which you have found with the vehicle? Or anything you wish it had or anything which you particularly are impressed with?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Intellilink is doing my head in,doesn't work with the samsung S3 which the mrs is a bit peeved about (understatement :lol: ) .

I find the handling good but again the mrs thinks it's all over the place. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
jimmy1mc said:
I love my little car, except the clutch which is to high and never stops squeaking!
Grease it! ;-)

Mine hasn't made a squeak in 4K miles since putting some grease on the bushes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Intellilink could be a little better.

Also, if I could rewind time I would have selected a couple more extras like light & sight pack etc. Not the end of the world though. Overall, happy with the car a lot! Think they look brilliant!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Intellilink could be better but love it overall. Great fuel economy, lovely to drive and looks great.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Very happy with my SE Auto & no problems with my Interlink does what I need.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Intelillink is rubbish
Dosnt have own sat Nov,like most other cars
Drinks petrol until last three bars it sips it and lasts ages
Steering is alot better the other models bit twitchy if moved slowly.
Turbo lag
Nice little grunt after few thousand miles
Tyres are cheap for premium.
Silent when stationary and even better when engine off
Stop start dangerous especially at round abouts
Sri model is now not highest model after vxr, stupid.
Brilliant on motorways
Key fob range is brilliant
Gears one to three are sticky and crunch every time.
Gearbox it's self is horrible, can't pull away fast and link smooth changes.
Clutch is Waaaay to high!

I do like the corsa but after time these things bug me

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
liverpaul said:
Intelillink is rubbish
Dosnt have own sat Nov,like most other cars.
Stop start dangerous especially at roundabouts
Clutch is Waaaay to high
Note that most of those are driver issues, not car issues.

Most cars do not have their own sat navs, in fact many lower end cars dont have anything like intellilink at all.
The intellilink is a good stock system, those moaning about no support for carplay or android auto - the NEW BMW 7 Series isn't even going to have that support initially and that would set you back £70k!

Stop/Start is far from dangerous - if it is, then it's through your own driver error. Using it at a roundabout is a tad pointless, though even then its extremely responsive.

I dont find any issue with the gears in my corsa, in fact they're ridiculously smooth. But Vauxhall gearboxes are renowned for being clunky, so it was actually a surprise for me to find otherwise.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I hate the intellish*te

However rest of car is great.

Economy is superb and I have managed to exceed the government extra urban figure regularly.

Performance of the 1.4T is good even with the economy map however I do think they should have offered a 150 PS version from the factory. It is available elsewhere in Europe.

I've not had any issues with my gearbox, it is smooth and slick, it certainly doesn't impede progress as I managed a 9.6 second 0-60 which is actually much quicker than factory figure so Liverpaul you must have a bad box.

The main issue I had at the start was getting used to driving a small turbo petrol after driving diesels or V8 petrol cars for 20 years. Stalled loads of times when I tried to pull away with too few rpm where a diesel or big capacity normally aspirated petrol would just pull away from idle.

The seats are uncomfortable for me on very long drives (3+ hours)

Did I mention that the intellilink is cr*p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Love mine, think they look quite sporty for small cars and look much better than the current fiesta. The only thing that bugs me is the lack of a CD player although intelink does partly make up for that. The handling and sports suspension is great on twisty country lanes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Although I love the way the car looks and drives, build quality seems to be an issue for me. Car is going into vx again tomorrow to get a new passenger door card as it has a loud rattle/squeaking noise which can be heard so easily with no radio on. Bit frustrating. Also I'm having an issue whereas sometimes when I accelerate my 1.0t seems to lose power for a few seconds, judder slightly and has like a clicky/knocking sort of sound from the drivers side of the engine bay. No idea what this could be. I've not raised the issue to vauxhalls attention as they will probably just say they can't find anything wrong and naturally when they test the car it won't do it as it is intermittent under acceleration between 1500-3000 rpm

·
Registered
501 Posts
LimeyUK said:
liverpaul said:
Intelillink is rubbish
Dosnt have own sat Nov,like most other cars.
Stop start dangerous especially at roundabouts
Clutch is Waaaay to high
Note that most of those are driver issues, not car issues.

Most cars do not have their own sat navs, in fact many lower end cars dont have anything like intellilink at all.
The intellilink is a good stock system, those moaning about no support for carplay or android auto - the NEW BMW 7 Series isn't even going to have that support initially and that would set you back £70k!

Stop/Start is far from dangerous - if it is, then it's through your own driver error. Using it at a roundabout is a tad pointless, though even then its extremely responsive.

I dont find any issue with the gears in my corsa, in fact they're ridiculously smooth. But Vauxhall gearboxes are renowned for being clunky, so it was actually a surprise for me to find otherwise.
sorry stop/start is FAR from driver error as i dont tell it to be on from ignition start. its kept on for the city i travel so mini round abouts at times it does it job and i somehow stall. i had it yesterday actually when i done short journey and as i let a bus go and pulled away and forgetting it was active it salled and i had turnt it all off then start again, with clutch. yet thats another thing thats annoying, why do we have to put the clutch down to start the car??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
In the Ibiza, stop start only works if you put it in neutral and have the handbrake on - does Corsa's kick in automatically every time you stop? I have only ever used stop/start mine at traffic lights when I know the sequence and how long I am likely to wait or in long queues at temporary lights. I like how it starts again as soon as you push the clutch down!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I turn my s/s off when doing fast longer trips as I want to be in control on major roundabouts coming off motorways etc. However I leave it on for town and it works fine. I personally don't see the problem with using the clutch to trigger it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
S/s requires the Car to be in neutral with the clutch up. Due to my driving habits, I wouldn't normally take my car out of gear, but do so now to deliberately trigger s/s. This means that the Handbrake is also on at the same time, so I wouldn't know if it is required.

I never use it at roundabouts, generally only use it when I know I'll be waiting a bit.

liverpaul said:
sorry stop/start is FAR from driver error as i dont tell it to be on from ignition start. its kept on for the city i travel so mini round abouts at times it does it job and i somehow stall. i had it yesterday actually when i done short journey and as i let a bus go and pulled away and forgetting it was active it salled and i had turnt it all off then start again, with clutch. yet thats another thing thats annoying, why do we have to put the clutch down to start the car??
S/S being dangerous is definitely driver error. There is no way that S/S itself causes stalling - that is purely 100% driver error. As stated above, S/s is only triggered by neutral and lifting the clutch - if you're unable to pull out after letting someone go, then that is no fault of the S/S.

I honestly can't even see how on earth you could fail to use S/S properly, even if you 'forget' it is on, it still should have no bearing on your driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts