Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on my car earlier what I think is a fault, just wondering if anyone else has noticed similar, its with the indicators. Basically, for example, if I approach a roundabout that I'm wanting to turn right and take third or fourth exit at, as I approach the roundabout I will put the right indicator on, but as I enter the roundabout, I have to turn my steering wheel slightly to the left to get onto the roundabout before I can then go right round the roundabout, on any other car I've had in the past, the indicator has stayed on until I've turned right to such a degree that I've passed the turning point that activates the "click" which let's the indicators know the steering wheel has been turned to the right thus engaging the self cancelling of the indicator. On the Corsa, any amount, no matter how small, of turning the steering wheel to the left with the right indicator on or vice versa, makes the indicator switch itself off (almost like the car realises its turning the opposite way to the indicator that's on and thinks "he's turning left here but indicating right, that could confuse another driver into causing an accident, I'll switch it off to be safe") resulting in the indicator going off as soon as I've gone onto the roundabout but not even started turning right, meaning I then need to switch it back on as I go around the roundabout, like the car thinks I'm turning left to switches indicator off, when I am actually turning right.

Ive also noticed that if you indicate in either direction and then turn a corner or turn off into a street off the road you are on, the indicator switches off almost as soon as you turn, on any previous car its not switched off until the wheel is about halfway through " feeding" back through my hands towards straightening up, with the Corsa its like it switches off as you are turning.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I checked this out today, I did notice that you only have to move the steering wheel a little bit for if to cancel the indicators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts