Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have 1.4 turbo 3 door (official figures are 64.2 extra urban, 42.8 urban, 54.3 combined)

Best so far is 59mpg on motorway but that was not in ideal conditions on a brand new engine. I hope to get better next week as engine is starting to bed in now.

View attachment 294

Most impressive however is the 49mpg achieved with whole family on board (4 people) plus luggage/shopping etc driving 150 miles around Yorkshire on back roads and hills.

View attachment 310

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Awesome mpg daparky! :cool:

What are you getting on a long run though? I've had 70mpg showing on mine for a nice flat stretch of motorway on my commute but over the whole 125 mile journey it drops to 60mpg :-( :-( (lots of hills on the M1 from Chesterfield to Sheffield) I'd be interested to know what you get on a similar long motorway run?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was in Chesterfield at the bank holiday weekend and went to Sheffield from Chesterfield but didn't record the MPG. You're right it's very hilly compared to where I travel. I go from Thornton-Cleveleys to Longridge.

From memory I think I got around the 55 to 60 to Chesterfield. Next time I do a long journey I'll let you know.

How many miles have you done in total?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ah thanks, I would very much appreciate some feedback on what you get on a longer run at higher average speeds. I can't drop much below 60mph on the motorway without having HGV's sitting an inch off my bumper, gkmorris excluded of course ;-)

Dafny has now done 800 miles, not bad for two weeks ownership and I haven't even been commuting to work this week as took time off with kids.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
gkmorris said:
Not my E but this is the best economy I've had all day :D
Makes me laugh that idiot eco warriors were sticking leaflets on my Land Rovers stating they were killing the planet when both Land Rovers were getting 26-33mpg no worse than some are getting out of their Corsa and a darn sight more economical than your truck :) Mind you, fuel used per ton moved makes the HGV more efficient than virtually all cars and vans?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My commute to work is only around 2 miles so i usually get around 35ish mpg no matter how eco friendly my driving is because of the engine being cold... However! 47.8mpg from the 1.2 on a 50mi round trip today :) warm weather helping the engine heat up coupled with a decent drive down a mixture of A and B roads helping the mpg greatly :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jordan said:
My commute to work is only around 2 miles so i usually get around 35ish mpg no matter how eco friendly my driving is because of the engine being cold... However! 47.8mpg from the 1.2 on a 50mi round trip today :) warm weather helping the engine heat up coupled with a decent drive down a mixture of A and B roads helping the mpg greatly :D
That is great Jordan. :)

I was only saying to anthony last week that if he did longer journeys he'd get better mpg in his 1.4. I can't get any better than 30-35mpg on the first 3 miles of my journey in the 1.4T if starting from cold because the engine is running with choke. It is where a diesel wins because diesels get far better mpg from cold than petrols so are better suited to short trips. (other than the DPF's on modern diesels mean they don't work on very short runs).

My wifes 30 year old 2.25na diesel Land Rover gets better mpg than my 1.4T Corsa when going to the shop in the next village (1.5 miles away) to get some **** & newspaper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at the range of engines and especially considered the 1.3 diesel partly for that reason. Similarly i thought of the 1.0 warming up quicker and the 1.4 being better once it gets going... ultimately though my age means that insuring it all is the biggest thing to pay for so i was sensible and went with the 1.2 :lol:

I cant complain though! The corsa C i had before this was a 1.2 and the engine feels much better and more refined and, with the warmer weather coming, looks to be getting decent mpg! :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
OK not my outright best as I've had higher but I did manage to average 59.4mpg** today over a 231 mile commute to work which was mostly motorway. This is the highest figure achieved to date over such a long distance. Also it was in far from perfect conditions. I had strong headwinds this morning at 5am and then on the way back tonight I had lots of traffic jams on the M1.

I also filled her up again today and achieved my best whole tank average so far of 52.7mpg** over 370 miles. This included over a 100 miles of very short trips (<3 miles) to the local shop or into local town (<6 miles) with whole family on board.

** These readings are from the trip. However once again the actual average from litres used since last brimmed tank worked out at just 49mpg (not the 52.7 shown) so the fuel computer is consistently reading higher than actual by as much as 8%!!

However these are still impressive figures in far from perfect conditions and it takes Dafnys lifetime real world average to 47.3mpg (as shown in the fuelly badge) over 1K miles of mixed driving with nearly half that mileage being done with four people on board.

Dafny also passed the thousand mile mark today, in fact by the time I got home she was at 1100 miles :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've started doing what you're doing now, using trip 1 for short and trip 2 for the tank. I'll report back when I'm about to fill up.

A full tank says I'll do 470 miles :eek:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It depends on how brave you are. Mine dropped to just one bar left as I was passing M1 J29 and was telling me I had 170 mile left. I filled up at Doncaster services on the M18 about 20 miles later. My home was a further 40 miles and I wasn't feeling brave enough to let it drop to no bars! :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.