Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so just received mine this morning and have slotted them in as I have done with any in the past for other cars. However they have come with 4 metal clips which I'm assuming slot into the window recess. Now I've no idea why these would be needed and I certainly don't fancy scratching my windows on it so any help would be beneficial as to how and why these would be fitted.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a quick update, haven't installed the metal clips.

Been on a quick 10 min drive and at speed, all it fit snugly and well. Has completely eliminated the buffeting problem when you don't have them (from 40mph all the way up)

Heres a couple pics:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I also have the heko ones after trying the climair ones,the clips are there just for extra security i believe, I did leave mine for a few weeks before fitting the clips as I was a bit worried about getting them back out.but in the end fitted them. So your shout really,I think they will be ok without the clips.

Looks nice :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What extra security would fitting them give though? From all I can tell is the way they are shaped, they would just make the recess where the deflectors fit into larger... i.e allowing them to fallout easier.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The clips are required for some cars, especially 3 doors. My Hekos on a previous car were loose when installed and the middle bit would flap about at speed on the motorway if the window was wound down while I was smoking, especially in cross winds. This time I fitted the clips and have had no issues in 14K miles. Very secure fit and no flapping or slippage.

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could help me out woth sizing
Ive just bought a corsa 2015 3 door and cant find wind deflectors anywhere.

Does anyone know if the front side windows are the same size on the corsa E as the corsa D. ( if they are the same ill just get corsa d ones)

If not could anyone help me as to where i can find some that fit as none of the links that ive tried feom this topic work,

Cheers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thescottdavies said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if the front side windows are the same size on the corsa E as the corsa D. ( if they are the same ill just get corsa d ones)

If not could anyone help me as to where i can find some that fit as none of the links that ive tried feom this topic work,

Cheers.

these any good ??

https://www.simplycar.co.uk/product/heko-front-wind-deflectors-vy239911/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thescottdavies said:
Hi,

Cheers.
Plenty for sale on eBay 😉

·
Registered
173 Posts
D&E are same for 5 door, as both mine have them fitted, 3dr should be the same, only revision was front & rear lights that altered shape of bonnet & boot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts