Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Intellilink R4 unit supposed to come on when you close the door and if so what logo should you get?

If I get out of the car with the key in the ignition or without and close the door the stereo turns off. Is that normal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your drivers door lock is at fault I had mine fixed today a Vauxhall. The car doesn’t know the door is open or closed so it doesn’t turn off the stereo ( do your windows still operate when this happens? ) its £180 and I got a 15% discount and the investigation charged wavered. The lock does more than lock/unlock the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your drivers door lock is at fault I had mine fixed today a Vauxhall. The car doesn’t know the door is open or closed so it doesn’t turn off the stereo ( do your windows still operate when this happens? ) its £180 and I got a 15% discount and the investigation charged wavered. The lock does more than lock/unlock the car
Who was you replying to?

mine stereo randomly turns off occasionally when I’m driving. It then comes back on again.

I wonder if this is related to the drivers door lock

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who was you replying to?

mine stereo randomly turns off occasionally when I’m driving. It then comes back on again.

I wonder if this is related to the drivers door lock
That’s how my stereo was before it started to not switch off. It did 2 random shut downs for no reason then it wouldn’t switch off when I opened the door. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not related to the door lock as this controls the off of the stereo and when it plays up the car doesn’t know if the door is open or closed. The random shut downs are probably because the lock is signaling that the car door is open when it’s actually shut. Yours could just be a loose connection on the lock if it still switches off when you open the door but driving along it could just be moving about loosing connection so shuts down the stereo then back on again as the connection is made again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s how my stereo was before it started to not switch off. It did 2 random shut downs for no reason then it wouldn’t switch off when I opened the door. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not related to the door lock as this controls the off of the stereo and when it plays up the car doesn’t know if the door is open or closed. The random shut downs are probably because the lock is signaling that the car door is open when it’s actually shut. Yours could just be a loose connection on the lock if it still switches off when you open the door but driving along it could just be moving about loosing connection so shuts down the stereo then back on again as the connection is made again.
Thank you, I might change the loom and the lock to be sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts