Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've started to notice when accelerating there is a rattling noise coming from near the gear stick. Sometimes it can be quite loud. Anyone know why this would occur?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does it occur at around 3000rpm and is your engine a 1.0t? Cause mine does this too! And I was wondering if it was an issue or just something they did haha

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 1.0t but not noticed it, although it dosen't feel smooth between 2000 - 3000 rpm

·
Registered
50 Posts
The sound I would say happens when on full throttle and between 2500-3500 rpm, it almost sounds like the exhaust is rattling against a heat shield or something. Hard to explain

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will do, and thanks andy I will mention that to them and see what they say. I take it you had the same issue? Not the only issue I'm having with the car I'll be honest however all of the issues are just annoying little things like trim squeaks and that rattle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's not good haha!
Although the rattling hasn't been doing it since day 1?
I'll ring them tomorrow, get it booked in for a couple of things. Then I'll see what they say.

·
Registered
31 Posts
no it doesnt sound good, dealer sounds awful. sure vauxhall would be delighted to hear thats what you were told. im sure there is a bracket that rattles where the gear cables go through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it's the natural noise of the engine when accelerating due to the fact it's a 1l engine it will have a certain "raspe" to it on acceleration pretty much any 1l from any manufacturer will have it, I have a background in the motor trade so I have a bit of knowledge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did u guys sort out the rattle upon accelerating? It's between 2-3.5k revs and is very irritating when driving alongside stationery vehicles and definitely sounds like a heat shield rattle... We are fighting a case with Vauxhall at the moment as there claiming it as characteristics of the car yet all other models don't make this annoying rattling noise

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too have the rattling and it is really blooming annoying. Before I decided on this car I test drove a 1.0T at my local dealership and that did have the rattle only very very slightly. HOWEVER, since picking up my car the noise is horrendous and I am not happy with it, so I took it to my local dealership in sholing, Southampton where I purchased the car from and I drove same green car I drive first of all and mine is significantly much louder, however they have told me that that is the car, but I am not happy with that answer. I also drove the Adam with the same engine and that had no rattle. My local dealership said they would call me last Thursday and haven't, so looks like I can't rely on them. IF ANYONE FINDS OUT ANYTHING MORE ORNHAS ANY IDEAS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AS THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD. Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took my car last week, got one of the technicians to go for a little drive with me and he agreed it didn't sound right or particularly nice. They said they were going to ring up ze Germans and see if they have had any reports of this problem from anywhere round Europe and ring me back. So far I'm still waiting...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It took mine back to Evans Halshaw/Vauxhall and they said the gear cables were badly positioned. Therefore they were rattling against the heat shield. They simply moved the cables into a better position and now the rattling has stopped.

·
Registered
152 Posts
have the same problem by dealer told me it was the exhaust's catalyst when it hits high temperatures the rattle is very annoying and as only been getting louder ill book with my dealer and ask him to look at the gear cables as suggested

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer has been on to Vauxhall and they want my car to go in and replace the turbo (already) as that's apparently worked for a similar problem elsewhere in the country. So far no date as of when it's due to go in but I'll keep you updated

1 - 20 of 22 Posts