Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local dealership have taken my car in today and on the list of issues is the rattle upon acceleration, the ice warning and temperature of -7 and the intelilink being on when it was turned off. These are just a few issues that they have to sort out.
The chap was very nice and was determined to get to the bottom of the issues, so will see what the outcome is!!!!
He seems to to think the rattle has something to do with the front of the exhaust!!!
I will update as soon as they contact me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well i've been to the dealer 3 times because of the shitty intelilink to be honest the icy temperature also happens to me the rattle also all problems unsolved the radio has been reprogramed 3 times but mine had some severe problems seems like kinda fixxed (fixxed like when u break something and u fix it with duct tape) for the rattle on the exhaust i was given a lame excuse that it was normal

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
tynamic said:
Well i've been to the dealer 3 times because of the shitty intelilink to be honest the icy temperature also happens to me the rattle also all problems unsolved the radio has been reprogramed 3 times but mine had some severe problems seems like kinda fixxed (fixxed like when u break something and u fix it with duct tape) for the rattle on the exhaust i was given a lame excuse that it was normal
For the 1.0T the rattle is normal. For the rest, apparently not.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LOL

Yep, no rattle from my 1.4T

I've had similar issues with the intellilink though. Inaccurate temperature readings, loss of stored stations, new stations appearing on my favourites that I never stored, random volume problems, constant flickering between DAB and FM etc.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
LOL

Yep, no rattle from my 1.4T
the 1.0T is the only engine where people have complained about such rattles, so it seemed to make sense :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah, I guess if they managed to screw up the build of every 1.0T then it is normal to have rattle so the dealers comments may be accurate :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yeah, I guess if they managed to screw up the build of every 1.0T then it is normal to have rattle so the dealers comments may be accurate :mrgreen:
Exactly! :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer today advised me that they have ordered a new front exhaust and the exhaust sensor, which is on back order with Vauxhall. Regarding the intelilink and temperature issues, apparently there is a software due to be released in October, so my dealership will be doing both at the same time!!! So time will tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey I had the same problem with my intelilink with the temp and turning on and off I sent my car in and main Vauxhall used it for a test dummy to create the software up date, so far it has fixed it

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 1.0T 90hp is also ratling when accelerating.. Maybe i will have to talk with the Opel dealer about this, after reading this topic..

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Curiously my 1.4T developed a rattle last week, doesn't show up on acceleration but does when going over rough roads. I have checked everything I can underneath and can't find the cause. It will be going into dealer as the noise is driving me mad. Quite embarrassing driving around town in a new car that sounds like it is full of empty beer cans..... ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
if its a suspension part I'd love to know if they fix it on warranty.
Pretty sure if it's within the first 12 months they fix it on warranty, as it shouldn't really be going within 12 months at all. (unless you've extremely abused it.).

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Like I said in another thread Id like to know if they have relaxed the rules as I had to pay for a Vectra rear shocker because it was "probably the speed bumps" and wear and tear not covered (the price was a shocker at £180). It was under 1 year.
It was only when the other one went, and I pointed out the reports on forums, did they replace the other on abnormal warranty.
I sold it at 18 months because it was too big and everyone seemed to think it fair game to whack my door trims in car parks.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Jarviser said:
if its a suspension part I'd love to know if they fix it on warranty.
Pretty sure if it's within the first 12 months they fix it on warranty, as it shouldn't really be going within 12 months at all. (unless you've extremely abused it.).
Dafny mostly sits on the motorway, we don't have speed bumps out in the sticks where I live or on my commute. I'm not even sure if I've been over a speed bump in Dafny in the whole time I've had her! We mostly use the Land Rovers for local driving, especially now I've fitted extra seats to my wifes LR, so Dafny is really just used for my commute to work which is 70% motorway, 20% A roads and just a few miles either end of rural lanes.

I will report back on what the garage find.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Like I said in another thread Id like to know if they have relaxed the rules as I had to pay for a Vectra rear shocker because it was "probably the speed bumps" and wear and tear not covered (the price was a shocker at £180). It was under 1 year.
It was only when the other one went, and I pointed out the reports on forums, did they replace the other on abnormal warranty.
I sold it at 18 months because it was too big and everyone seemed to think it fair game to whack my door trims in car parks.
I know my dealer does almost anything on Warranty within the first year - whether or not it's out of their pocket or not, I don't know.

mud4fun said:
Dafny mostly sits on the motorway, we don't have speed bumps out in the sticks where I live or on my commute. I'm not even sure if I've been over a speed bump in Dafny in the whole time I've had her! We mostly use the Land Rovers for local driving, especially now I've fitted extra seats to my wifes LR, so Dafny is really just used for my commute to work which is 70% motorway, 20% A roads and just a few miles either end of rural lanes.

I will report back on what the garage find.
Exactly, your car should be fine in terms of suspension. The first thing my dealer said when I went in about a knocking noise (that just disappeared) is the Anti-Roll bar link, he smsaid it usually makes a rattling sound and depending on the weight distribution of the car it can be loud, or quite soft.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Took a look at my my 2016 warranty booklet. Shockers are excluded (generally).

View attachment 925
If something goes within the first 6 months, they usually do it on warranty - some even do it within 12 months within reason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts