Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with rattles and squeaks and with air conditioning and possibly break pedal. Only got my corsa 2 weeks ago not impressed at the moment also have issues with paintwork and some of the trim inside too. Loved it at first but now wondering what else is gonna go wrong ! :|

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's a new car, build issues happen. Just take it back to the dealer and they will sort it. Never expect a new car to be 100% perfect.

The only squeak i get is on my clutch pedal, started at around 1000 miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
VoodooChild#1 said:
Has anyone else had problems with rattles and squeaks and with air conditioning and possibly break pedal. Only got my corsa 2 weeks ago not impressed at the moment also have issues with paintwork and some of the trim inside too. Loved it at first but now wondering what else is gonna go wrong ! :|
What issues do you have with the paintwork? I had a bit of overspray on mine but the dealer sorted it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had uneven spray finish on front lower skirt, could see base coat underneath and a chip on edge of passenger door and chip and scratch on rear bumper and skirt.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What's the problem with your air con?? I've had a few issues too like movement in the interior mirror,poor fitting of drivers side repeater.chattering wiper blades.passenger side door seal coming away from roof lining too name but a few lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My air con and air circulation have stopped working going into dealership on Wednesday to be looked at. Loads of rattles and squeaks from trim , scuffed trim, chipped paintwork when picked up and now my brakes seem to feel funny and I seem to have a metallic clanking sound coming from the underneath of car. Lol

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've had a few issues. Squeaky clutch fixed myself with some grease. Rattle in drivers door only started last week after 6500miles rattle free, only happens in very hot weather, was fine last night in cold night air. Air con doesn't work very well, air is just slightly cooler than outside rather than being cold. Also recirc doesn't seem to work at all even though button lights up red when pressed. Brakes squeal alot. I also detest intellilink but that is not really a fault as such, just my opinion of it! ;-)

Overall no major issues and no worse than most of the other new cars I've had. So far the performance and economy of the car have made up for my minor issues with it. I will have to take it back to dealer again about the air con though which is annoying.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Had my car nearly 5 months now & looks like I just been lucky so far ?? no complaints & Air Con appears to be working fine.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah thing is though Derek, people don't come on to post about the fact their car isn't rattling or that the air con is working so the posts that do appear are invariably about faults. It distorts the view somewhat as it could be that 99% of cars are fault free but we just don't hear from those owners so you are probably in the majority of Corsa owners rather than the minority?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks Ian, I hope to be in the majority otherwise a lot more will be complaining as you say. On the other hand I do not do a lot of mileage as others have done, but we have Speed Bumps all over our Estate so should have found any Rattles etc by now ??

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes Derek, I would have thought anything that was loose at the factory would have shown up by now. Having said that my door card developed a rattle last week on the way back from work. It was on the super hot day we had and the rattle sounded like the speaker or something behind it. I suspect the hot sun had melted the glue on something and it has now fallen off whatever it was attached to. It rattled on each trip done on hot days.

However on my way home from work last night in the evening when it was cool the car was rattle free for the entire 150 miles! Maybe whatever was loose has finally worked itself down into a position where it has wedged itself tight somewhere else.

Other than the air con I have no major issues with the car and they have not really detracted from my enjoyment of it. I still think it is a superb little car, especially for the money.

Most of my normally snobbish friends and colleagues (who all drive BMW's and Audi's) have been very impressed with Dafny, more so when they've seen my fuel economy and the fact I've had no major mechanical faults unlike them. The BMW's are constantly having problems and going back to the garage. I have one colleague with a BMW One Series who has had so many problems in the past year that he has sworn he'll never have a BMW again which goes to show that all manufacturers suffer faults with their cars not just Vauxhall and my colleagues' One Series cost twice what I paid for Dafny. He is an older chap and drives very carefully so it is not a case of it being thrashed either. I also have a friend with another One Series that has also suffered constant failures of things such as ABS modules and brake sensors.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My brother has a 62 plate 1 series and the only issue he had was the metalwork under the seats showed some rusting. Don't think he was the only one with that issue.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes I'm pretty sure these rattles are a lot to do with the heat as mine was rattling today but tonight when I went out it had stopped so I'm going to stop getting wound up about it lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, the reason I posted about my car issues is that this is my 1st brand new car. I was just seeing if the issues I have are just the car settling in and if not I can take them up with the dealership. Apart from these teething problems I luv my new car I had a 02 corsa c before and she had less rattles. I also live in an area with quite a few speed humps and have only done 850 miles over the last 2 weeks since I picked my car up. I just wanted some advice so that I didn't come across as a typical blonde not knowing anything car related. Thanx everyone your comments have been useful going back to dealership on Wednesday will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine may be a one off but I had a rattle which I thought was on the passenger side dash, that's where it sounded, however it was actual a weld spot that has broken off, so not very good and this was on the passenger side along the top of the door!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jacquess said:
Mine may be a one off but I had a rattle which I thought was on the passenger side dash, that's where it sounded, however it was actual a weld spot that has broken off, so not very good and this was on the passenger side along the top of the door!!!
On the door itself?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I took my 1.4 T back to vx today to have new fog light surrounds and also had them check for the annoying rattles and low and behold they couldn't find anything they had a look behind the door cards but said nothing is loose and everything is as it should be...then when driving home the rattles started again aaarrggh!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
I took my 1.4 T back to vx today to have new fog light surrounds and also had them check for the annoying rattles and low and behold they couldn't find anything they had a look behind the door cards but said nothing is loose and everything is as it should be...then when driving home the rattles started again aaarrggh!!!
Probably a stone somewhere

1 - 20 of 21 Posts