Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. Got my Corsa SRi 1.3 Diesel due for delivery in 9 days which is exciting. I'm definitely adding some modifications to it, albeit minor ones since I have to return the car after 4 years (also have the option to purchase it, but we'll see).

I suppose a good question is are there any mods I can do which can be removed at a later date? I'm planning on adding xenon headlights but I'd also be interested in adding a spoiler if that could be removed easily.

Thanks in advance, I'll be posting pictures at delivery.

Peace!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Think you're one of the only/first diesel's on the forum so this should be interesting.

Think a genuine spoiler sits at around £200?? Not sure about the process of fitting it though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
An official, primed, painted and fitted is £315 from VX themselves, though you can get an unprimed, unpainted and not fitted Corsa D roof spoiler for £55-£80.

Wind deflectors and door sills are good little additions to the corsa, though they're not mods technically :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
An official, primed, painted and fitted is £315 from VX themselves, though you can get an unprimed, unpainted and not fitted Corsa D roof spoiler for £55-£80.

Wind deflectors and door sills are good little additions to the corsa, though they're not mods technically :lol:
These ^ Going to put these on mine when it eventually comes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matthew said:
Think you're one of the only/first diesel's on the forum so this should be interesting.

Think a genuine spoiler sits at around £200?? Not sure about the process of fitting it though.
Hah lucky me...unless there's a reason no one picks the diesel. I chose it for the 83.1 mpg stat which will be ideal for my long commute to work.

LimeyUK said:

Awesome, I'll definitely look into these, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The petrol engines, particularly the 1.4T has proven to get around 70mpg on motorway commutes, so they're not far apart anymore!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yep, I regularly get 65-70mpg on my motorway commute in my 1.4T petrol. Only reason my fuelly mpg is a pathetic is because wife keeps using car for shopping trips in town. Now if I could just ban her from using car - sadly I value my private parts too much ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn seems the 1.4T isn't far off the 1.3 D. Bloody efficient cars. Hope the 1.3 can cut it in terms of acceleration. Only a week to find out now.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
beanboy said:
Damn seems the 1.4T isn't far off the 1.3 D. Bloody efficient cars. Hope the 1.3 can cut it in terms of acceleration. Only a week to find out now.
Ive seen the 1.3 put out 98+ mpg in a colleagues corsa, which makes the 1.4T pale in comparison even when it's hitting an impressive 70mpg. So drive it right, and you'll still feel the benefits of diesel!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
beanboy said:
Ive seen the 1.3 put out 98+ mpg in a colleagues corsa, which makes the 1.4T pale in comparison even when it's hitting an impressive 70mpg. So drive it right, and you'll still feel the benefits of diesel!
Yeah, the difference is that the 1.4T gives far superior performance than the 1.3CDTi when you need it :)

Also despite being an almost exclusively diesel owner and driver for the last 20 years I swapped to a petrol because the DPF's and DMF's don't last very long on these new cars (many only lasting 30K miles) and they are £400 each and not covered by warranty, on top of the fact that the diesel car is expensive to buy AND the fact that diesel fuel is about 10% more expensive at the pump than petrol (local to me) so the diesel has to do at least 20% better mpg just to match the petrols running costs let alone save you any money.

Of course the sums are different for each individual. In my case I do 15K a year and the petrol works out cheap enough or rather the small additional cost in fuel over running a diesel is negated by the extra enjoyment of the performance ;)

My 1.4T still does 60mpg at 80mph on clear motorway due to the better 6 speed gearing which the diesel doesn't have so the diesel mpg will drop quite a bit once you sit at those higher speeds.

However if you are doing more than 15K a year or you generally drive slow then the 1.3 diesel should indeed work out more cost effective and give far superior mpg :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts