Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Excite Ecoflex Easytronic has nothing on the rear logo except 'Corsa'. Has this become standard on the E range - does anyone have any other indent(s) on the boot - or have they forgotten mine ?!
Also anyone have an Easytronic box and can feel a definite lag on changing from first to second in 'D' ?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Some trims have the trim name badge under the side indicators. Turbo cars have turbo on the tight hand side of the boot lid and the ecoflex rnhines have the ecoflex badge there. There's a couple of members with autos on here, so they might ge able to help more.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think on the Es the only ones to have idents on the right are those with Turbo engines. I don't think they even have 'EcoFlex' on Es anymore.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
I think on the Es the only ones to have indents on the right are those with Turbo engines. I don't think they even have 'EcoFlex' on Es anymore.
They do, I've seen a couple of Es with ecoFLEX badging on the right hand side of the tailgate, not sure what engine they were though because the diesels say CDTi, my petrol non Turbo Ecoflex has nothing, and as you say the petrol turbos say TURBO.

I thought about adding an Ecoflex badge to mine thinking itd be £5/10 but its £35 for the badge, sack that for a meaningless badge.

I deffo think the SRi VX-Lines should have got a badge similar to the OPC Line badge on Opel's though.

EDIT: some googling points to it being the 1 litre Turbo with 90ps output, the 115ps has a Turbo badge like the 1.4T.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There's only like 3 engines that are EcoFlex aren't there? Two of which are turbo? Guessing from what you've found the other is the standard 1.0l?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got mine from ebay last week for £11. Can't stick it on yet...but should get the car sometime this week :D
I think ecoflex badges are for engines equipped with start stop, at least the configurator on the german website they are badged like that.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Got mine from ebay last week for £11. Can't stick it on yet...but should get the car sometime this week :D
I think ecoflex badges are for engines equipped with start stop, at least the configurator on the german website they are badged like that.
Can't be right. The only engines with 'S/S' tech are those with Turbo, so in which case have Turbo.. :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can't be right. The only engines with 'S/S' tech are those with Turbo, so in which case have Turbo.. :lol:
Can't be right, the one I ordered is 1.4na with 'S/S', in which case it should have ecoflex :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Looking on the configurator, it would seem that different trims have ecoflex on different engines! The 1.4 90PS says ecoflex on SE but not on Energy or SE trim! On one trim the easytronic 1.4 engine says it! Some of the 1.4 90PS engines have stop/start and some don't! It's all very confusing! The 1.4 9PS in Energy trim doesn't have s/s, but the easytronic version does! Very confusing Vauxhall!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Can't be right, the one I ordered is 1.4na with 'S/S', in which case it should have ecoflex :lol:
That's strange, the 1.4na doesn't seem to state S/S on the VX configurator... Then again, when has that ever been right...

EDIT: Just noticed the automatic engine supposedly has it.. How does that work? Do you just have to put it into N and it'll turn off?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ah,I see, you're looking at the VX configurator...check out the Opel config and you'll find the 1.4na S/S... I'm getting mine from Malta, most probably there are different combinations for different countries.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
EDIT: Just noticed the automatic engine supposedly has it.. How does that work? Do you just have to put it into N and it'll turn off?
auto definitely doesn't have stop/start. Anyway theres no clutch pedal to initiate the start!
its why I'll be lucky to get better than 35mpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
SS is fitted on the easytronic boxes, a sort of semi-auto. Its basically a conventional gearbox fitted with actutors for clutch and gear selection.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:
auto definitely doesn't have stop/start. Anyway theres no clutch pedal to initiate the start!
its why I'll be lucky to get better than 35mpg
As Chris said, easytronic has it, strange, I know!

ChrisB said:
Ah,I see, you're looking at the VX configurator...check out the Opel config and you'll find the 1.4na S/S... I'm getting mine from Malta, most probably there are different combinations for different countries.
Aah, possibly! Knowing GM, that's very likely!

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you look at the German config you'll notice the ecoflex badge should be included, but unfortunately it's not so for all countries. But, that said, as the engine actually is an ecoflex, there's nothing wrong with retrofitting it ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
milly said:
My Corsa is a SRi 1.0i 90ps turbo s/s ecoFLEX. The badge ident is, Corsa on the left, and ecoFLEX on the right.
The 1.0i 90ps isn't a turbo engine.. That's probably why you have EcoFLEX - that's is also the only other engine that probably would have EcoFLEX on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts